Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, im excited to have found a forum completely dedicated to 08s! I bought mine, a WRB WRX 5-Door, a little over a month ago with 153 miles on it. I have since driven it about 3k, haha, its just so much fun to drive! Oh, if anyone has any tips on the best, cheapest way to color match the chrome splitter on the back, let me know. Its killin me, I HATE chrome.

July-

Traded stock rims for some bronze rotas (swapped rims in safeway parking lot)
Kartboy Short Shifter (installed by my buddy johnjohn from subicru)
Sports Grill
20% Tint all around

August-

-Recieved free parts from dealership as compensation for some paint flaws
-SPT Front Strut Tower Brace (installed in my apartment parking lot)
-SPT Catback Exhaust (installed in my dad's garage)

I still want to put on-

- Invidia Down Pipe
- Perrin Up Pipe
- AEM CAI
- Front & Rear Sways
- Cobb AP
- Toyo Proxes 4s
- OEM Style Carbon Fiber Hood
- Carbon Fiber STI Wing
- Tinted Tails and 3rd Brake Light
- Black Tuner Lugs
- Color Matched WRB Rear Splitter (that chrome piece between my tails)
- Eibach Prokit
- New Shift Knob
- Blue Interior Lighting Conversion

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
WRB FTW !

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WRB FTW !
Hell Yea! Though i was originally looking for a OBP, the WRB is probably my favorite color so i decided against the black and went with blue. SO GLAD I DID!!!! Though if i have any of the paint troubles some of the other 08 owners are having and have to repaint i might go with the moca black flake that came on some of the earlier models.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
my choice was between a WRB WRX08 and a Pearl white Mazdaspeed3... i dont regret my choice
i use to like the SWP but now my second choice will be lighting red

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my choice was between a WRB WRX08 and a Pearl white Mazdaspeed3... i dont regret my choice
i use to like the SWP but now my second choice will be lighting red
yea, i was looking at a black MS3, i almost bought one too, but even with the 50hp advantage i just couldnt get myself to go for another FWD car. I snowboard A LOT during the winter and subaru's AWD is crucial up here in the NW. I'm glad i made the choice i did. The subaru community is awesome! I dunno how things are with mazda guys but ive been very pleased with most of the people ive met on these forums.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
the lack of winter convinience on the MS3 turn me off
NO AWD
NO heated seat, mirror, wiper

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i know, but that part costs like $200. Im looking for a cheaper solution. Plus, after i pay for the part i have to pay to have it painted as well. A guy I met on a forum said he sanded his down and painted it but ive heard that the type of plastic the piece is made out of will bubble the paint.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Lookin good! Like the rims!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lookin good! Like the rims!
thanks! and for free rims i couldnt be happier! ;D

eventually they will be my winter rims though, i wanna get nice, new, black 18x8s for my sumemr tires. but all in due time. owning a tuner is like a bottomless money pit of fun. hahaha

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well he got brand new rims and tires with 500mi on them and i got some well worn tires and the rims had no curbage but some paint chips here and there. pretty sure they were rattle-canned. they look good though. i think it was a pretty even trade. he had a legacy wagon so i think he was bringing it back to stock to sell it easier.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts