Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone be kind enough to point out the difference between

An '08 Impreza 2.5 (Automatic)
vs.
the WRX model for the same year

???

i know the standard Impreza turns about 53 HP less than the WRX and only has a 4 speed tranny
but it would be nice to know if the WRX engine/exhaust/turbo mods would still be able to be fitted to the standard Impreza...

and by the was, i know the Automatic adds an unprecedented level of "wussifactation" but insurance kills teenagers just tryin to live a little
fun.

any help would be greatly appreciated!
and see you on the roads

·
Registered
717 Posts
well 1st major difference you're missing is 2.5 does NOT have a turbo. therefore, even if those mods (besides the turbo mods) fit, there will not be nearly as much effect as on the WRX. Check out the "Naturally Aspirated" or N/A forum. You will get most of your questions answered there, as well as from other people chiming in.
and btw WELCOME!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
The 2.5i N/A is SOHC and the 2.5 Turbo is DOHC

You have the scoop more, bigger wheel, nicer interior (seat) exhaust is diferent

Better brakes and suspension if im not wrong

of course the Auto kill lots of fun but its your call.. and more expensive

you better get the wrx not than swapping later, its will end up cheaper that way

if you swap under warranty you just voided the thing, think about it, a swapped wrx will worth also less in resell value than a real one also.. so once again its your call

1 - 3 of 3 Posts