Subaru WRX Forums banner

1861 - 1880 of 1898 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
amazing man. keep up the great work. Been watching this build for a lil bit. only made it through 50 pages of the thread though...

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,868
car is butter smooth. excellent idle. did not grenade - yay!

490whp in a 92° dyno area. it was some craptastic june weather for sure. stock GH/GE makes 205whp on their dyno. just enjoying driving my honey again and trying to get used to my super stiff clutch peddle. it's been so long and i've gotten used to the clutch on my 20 year old t100 which is a joke.

the car has endless power and that's just on the pump 93 400whp map. the pump+meth 490whp is just a bit ridiculous. i'll need to practice on safely taming that beast. she's still on winters and i was chirping tires all through fourth with low traction so just took it easy and was all smiles home.

got a lot to do to get ready for OCAWD:
install new seats, detail car, install/wire the custom LED tail lamps, install harness, fluid changes (motor/trans/diff), interior trim swap, install new JPM goodies, and quite a bit more of lil ankle-biters. let's hope i can get it all done!

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,870
thank you to dur4ce for helping with the suspension swap today in some gnarly humid weather!

swapped to some tarmac tizzles so that i could get the meat back on there ;)

was still on the winter setup 04 STI BBS and continental's exteme winter contacts and was chirping tires in every gear. MUCH better now on the star specs.

also swapped a few of the interior pieces, installed the jpm parts, installed the GVB stain black interior door lock/window control trim pieces. tomorrow is my alignment. well then figure out where i want to tap for the STI logo in the shifter trim and install that, the new seats (front and rear), and whatever else i can fit into the schedule.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Numbers look great; glad to see her back out on the road. What size turbo is the BW comparable too in the Garrett family? Did you end up sleeping in the car lol??? Are you running Steve's tizzles? What rate? Let me know what you end up with for compression/rebound settings. Did you have the roof vent wrapped to match the vinyl roof? Sorry for all the questions but I'm intrigued!!

*edit...where is the dyno sheet*

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,872
it's kind of hard to make comparisons because of the inducer/exducer size variances. i took a nap in her, actually, yes. i use to take naps in my car all the time and it is even better with the roof vent now. i am running his tizzles. they are the standard 400/400, i'm rather certain. i left whatever he had on there and will likely not toy with them too much until after alignment tomorrow or at the first autox session. me at an autox?! who would have thought the day would come! the roof vent was painted to match not wrapped. i am going to be removing my vinyl roof wrap and painting it with some other goodies in the next project ;)

i should have a plot up shortly. glad to answer questions that have not been covered. thanks for the interest, sir!

i think i'm going to tackle the tail lamps tomorrow as talking to steve about it today really got me amped to get them on nadia already. it's going to be sweet looking. hope they still work - they were in a storage shelf at the house with the fire and were found on the ground but landed on cardboard so fingers crossed!

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,875 (Edited)
wired and installed the custom LED tail lamps, installed the STI seats front and rear (need to do the rear back still), the JPM STI shifter console, door gussets, GVB door lock trim and "swoop" (satin black), STI door sills, and give her a bath to get her ready for a full detail prior to OCAWD. she's almost ready!

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,877
Car looks awesome!

Question on the tail lights, are they modified Depo's? Are they plug & play normally (not modified)?
thanks. they are not DEPOs. they are completely custom one-off pieces. they require some wiring to the stock harness but nothing too serious (i.e. took me about half an hour to get the drivers and tail lamp harnesses wired and tail lamps installed). thanks for following along!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
i am running his tizzles. they are the standard 400/400, i'm rather certain. i left whatever he had on there and will likely not toy with them too much
Actually they are 8kg/mm front springs and 9kg/mm rear, which equates to roughly 450lbs/in and 500lbs/in respectively. The factory springs were 450/450, as I received them. When I was autocrossing, I found that the higher rear rate helped the car dance a little better through slaloms. As to compression/rebound settings I can't recall.

Also, fighting through a cold and the humid weather was definitely worth it to get back to wrenching on this car. It felt good!

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,879
Actually they are 8kg/mm front springs and 9kg/mm rear, which equates to roughly 450lbs/in and 500lbs/in respectively. The factory springs were 450/450, as I received them. When I was autocrossing, I found that the higher rear rate helped the car dance a little better through slaloms. As to compression/rebound settings I can't recall.

Also, fighting through a cold and the humid weather was definitely worth it to get back to wrenching on this car. It felt good!
thanks for the update post, sir. now go update your build thread. hope we have you back for good this time!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
HAHA, if I didn't talk to Larry almost daily I would think him and Steve were hiding out together... By chance Steve, do you know what your compression/rebound is set at?
The car looks great Marcos; the last photo is sick!! Are you running two overflow tanks by chance? Cant wait to see the finalized photos.

1861 - 1880 of 1898 Posts