Subaru WRX Forums banner

1881 - 1898 of 1898 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,881
HAHA, if I didn't talk to Larry almost daily I would think him and Steve were hiding out together... By chance Steve, do you know what your compression/rebound is set at?
The car looks great Marcos; the last photo is sick!! Are you running two overflow tanks by chance? Cant wait to see the finalized photos.
he said above he doesn't remember what they were set to. thanks dude. i need to stop using the cell phone, though!

not two overflows...one is a power steering fluid reservoir that was made to get rid of the ugly stocker that was in the way. cut up a mishi coolant tank, welded on some AN fittings and much better. but now i got to send to the coater along with some other small new tidbits whenever i have the time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
thanks. they are not DEPOs. they are completely custom one-off pieces. they require some wiring to the stock harness but nothing too serious (i.e. took me about half an hour to get the drivers and tail lamp harnesses wired and tail lamps installed). thanks for following along!
gotcha. i didn't know if you started with the DEPO as a base or went totally custom. they look great!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
So I found one photo of your car from the show (no I'm not a HUGE stalker...) but how did it go? Assuming you got her all put back together in time.

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,885
So I found one photo of your car from the show (no I'm not a HUGE stalker...) but how did it go? Assuming you got her all put back together in time.
oooh, can you post it por favor? i haven't seen any. it went ok. it rained like a monsoon for more than half of the show then day after it opened up sun came out and i enjoyed rolling along coastal highway with hundreds of other subies. she made a strong impression and i had a lot of interest from other drivers which was surprising. i think when you do things over a course of time you forget how much effort really goes into these machines and it's only when you talk to someone seeing the car for the first time and they walk around the car pointing out all the stuff you've gotten used to that you realize "damn, my car is pretty alright!" :)

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,888
Where did you get that CF fuse cover at? Mine is all scratched to hell and that looks so nice.
it's a one-off custom piece i had made a while ago with all the carbon fiber interior pieces. the fuse panel cover in the engine bay is a carbon fiber layup over the OEM, looks sharp and properly done. i'll sell it to you if interested. ran me $205 before shipping to have it done. i'll sell at a deal to anyone interested. let me know, sir!

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,890
haven't been in my own thread in forever. hi guys!

swapped out the twin-scroll BW EFR 7670 1.05 AR EWG for a EFR twin-scroll 7064 EWG. results on paper are terrific and i'm looking forward to the added response for the street. she's still at the shop getting some other goodies taken care of.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Left some drool on the page omg!

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,894
sooo nice to have her back...

the power feels unreal and immediate. the dual EWGs are music to my ears at higher boost and the insta-boost between gears joyous, haha!

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
updates?

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,896
wow, well she is currently at the shop getting some body work taken care of due to a crack rear quarter panel that was allowing water to come into the trunk during heavy storms. should have her back within a couple weeks. I haven't driven her in a LONG time. the rear STI seat back is installed. all the audio equipment has been repaired and or replaced and is wired professionally and working. all the random bugs and issues have been worked and fixed (headlamps and fogs flashing and sometimes not coming on). I'm super amped to have her back in a couple weeks running, reliable, and all those random little ankle biters taken care of. she won't be back to the shop for a while as I thoroughly enjoy her. I don't know whether to do body work on the front now or run her for a while and do body work later. thanks for asking!

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Good to hear that its still coming along even with the minor issues. Hope to see some more photos of the work!

1881 - 1898 of 1898 Posts