Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried that subwoofer that's available from Subaru? how does it sound? i have the so-called premium sound system now, and i don't want to tear apart the car replacing it. i like to listen to my tunes loud, but right now the regular speakers begin distorting once you hit about 34 to 36 on the volume level. however, when i turn down the bass in the EQ, the sound does not distort when i push it louder. the sub has an integrated amp, so if i keep the bass low on the head unit EQ, it should still provide enough bass output for my taste. i'm not looking for loud bass, i just want to be able to turn up my stereo loud and get proportionate clarity from the bass.

·
Registered
417 Posts
has anyone tried that subwoofer that's available from Subaru? how does it sound? i have the so-called premium sound system now, and i don't want to tear apart the car replacing it. i like to listen to my tunes loud, but right now the regular speakers begin distorting once you hit about 34 to 36 on the volume level. however, when i turn down the bass in the EQ, the sound does not distort when i push it louder. the sub has an integrated amp, so if i keep the bass low on the head unit EQ, it should still provide enough bass output for my taste. i'm not looking for loud bass, i just want to be able to turn up my stereo loud and get proportionate clarity from the bass.
This is one of the next things i would like to do.. so any opinions would be great for me too...

·
Registered
382 Posts
My perspective, as well as others, can be read in the previous thread discussing this:
http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=306.0

Enjoy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for pointing out that thread.. for some reason i never have much luck with forum searches

1 - 4 of 4 Posts