Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These probably already exist but...

1. A film or something to soften the rear lights
2. A source for color matched peices to replace the Chrome strip in the rear.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Me im thinking of having it chrome but darker, like gunmetal chrome

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might be on to something there. I have seen some pretty nice stuff done with Black Chrome. If you combine that with some darkened taillights, might be cool.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i was thinking more of matching with dark rims :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
You might be on to something there. I have seen some pretty nice stuff done with Black Chrome. If you combine that with some darkened taillights, might be cool.
oh yeah will update you on my progress! collection of my car seemed to be brought forward!

·
Registered
717 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
:eek: 0 difference on painted vs unpainted :mad:
what a rip-off.
the paint is pretty expensive... you're paying for it painted and clear coated and all of that

I would just buy the unpainted and take it to the dealer to be done (or a body shop that has subaru paints)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would just buy the unpainted and take it to the dealer to be done
I'm really interested in this option... has anyone gone to price out what it might cost to have the Dealer paint the part and replace the chrome piece? I'm sure it'll make up for the $150 difference in painted v unpainted, but I'd drop the coin to have it done up right.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
my dealer asked me 700$ for a WR Blue sti wing installed... but him in canada were part cost double the price even if the canadian $$$ worth more than the U.S $$$

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey guys, great news for those of you fretting about getting your off-colours painted... I just contacted Subaru with a question about having it pre-painted in other colours. They've updated the website and now offer the following colours:

Midnight Blue Pearl
Dark Gray Metallic :D
WR Blue
Lightning Red
Spark Silver Metallic
Obsidian Black Pearl
Aspen White
Satin White Pearl

That just made my decision a ton easier.

·
Registered
153 Posts
$192? Ouch!!! Does that include free over night shipping?

I paid $60 to have mine color matched and it looks 100% factory.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts