Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting this thread because there are two major bitches I have about my '08 WRX 5-dr. The first is the radio...............

What a huge piece of CRAP!!!! If I would have cranked the radio instead of keeping it lowered on my test drive I would never would have bought the model I did, I would have bought the premium package certainly..... Well, if it had a better radio. I haven't own a vehicle since the 1980's that had such a P.O.S. stereo system. I couldn't have even imagined that any car maker still put out a low standard system. The truth being, I really love the look of the stock radio, I just want to be able to enjoy clear sound. I've been looking around for possible OEM upgrades ..... No luck.

The second is the whole body roll and overall sqishy-ness of the suspension. No big deal to me really, it can be fixed fairly inexpensively. I'll be honest though, I don't know which size to get. I like the look of the rallitek but I don't know if it's too small. I wish I knew what size the STI sway bars are so I knew how to guage (because I like the STI's stiffness).

Those are really the only complaints I have. Otherwise I'm in love with my new ride!

What are you guys'es big bitches??

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Better stock tires would be mine.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I would have liked to see the late model calipers just because ours look like they are off a Prius. I would have also liked to see the same body as the STi's. Maybe 8 inch rims or at least 7.5 with better tires. I also think the seats could use some love, my butt has a lot of travel in them. Definately some bigger sways and/or better springs. Privacy glass so I didn't have to spend so much on tint. Paint that doesn't suck. HID lighting or at least something that lets me see at night. That's about it.

This is starting to sound like an STi lol. Good news is the motor is strong out of the box and very moddable so the skys the limit. I'll eventually get it just how I want it :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Big HELL YES on this POS radio. I paid $25k for a car that has a stereo the likes of Chevy Aveo would beat?

I'm also very disappointed in the center arm rest. PLASTIC???

I'm somewhat confused where all of this money was put towards in this car. I know it has a great motor and AWD, but something seems to be missing.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Maybe 8 inch rims or at least 7.5 with better tires.
8 inch rims!! :eek: :eek: ;D

J/K im sure you meant 18 haha ;) ;D

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
18" diam works too but I actually meant 8" wide. I've got no problems with 17" wheels but the fact that they are so narrow bugs me.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
haha my bad.

8 inches would be nice ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would have liked to see the late model calipers just because ours look like they are off a Prius. I would have also liked to see the same body as the STi's. Maybe 8 inch rims or at least 7.5 with better tires. I also think the seats could use some love, my butt has a lot of travel in them. Definately some bigger sways and/or better springs. Privacy glass so I didn't have to spend so much on tint. Paint that doesn't suck. HID lighting or at least something that lets me see at night. That's about it.

This is starting to sound like an STi lol. Good news is the motor is strong out of the box and very moddable so the skys the limit. I'll eventually get it just how I want it :)
Yeah....

I suppose I forgot about how dim the lights are lol ;D

Honestly though, if those three things were fixed I'd be one happy camper!

An STI body, 7.5 or 8" wides would be tight too.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Seats with bigger bolsters

Better interior plastics

Better sound system

HID's

Stiffer suspension / less body roll

Smaller steering wheel

Front and rear LSD's, active center

Wider wheels, better OEM tires

Turbo with a larger compressor wheel

I could go on for days here, but luckily 99% of what I wish it came with, I can mod for.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i wish canadian market had the headlight washer sprayer like the one on the singaporean car on the board... we actually need it more than them in winter to wash out the salt

·
Registered
122 Posts
I wish that the silver paint right by where you grab the door inside the car didn't SCRATCH so damn easily (This happen to anyone else?) and that my new car with less than 13,000 kms on it had fewer rattles and creaks than it already does! Other than that I love it. Oh and bigger seat bolsters (like the 2007 WRX's had)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish that the silver paint right by where you grab the door inside the car didn't SCRATCH so damn easily (This happen to anyone else?) and that my new car with less than 13,000 kms on it had fewer rattles and creaks than it already does! Other than that I love it. Oh and bigger seat bolsters (like the 2007 WRX's had)
Thanks for the heads up on the silver interior paint... I'm going to be more mindfull of it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree with the brake rotors, and calipers. Brakes seem to be a little soft for a new car.

·
Registered
498 Posts
SI drive. I have been told it can be retuned with open soucre tuning.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Center armrest extension should be standard equipment and padded too. Real dumb move and I am looking for aftermarket solution.

Stock shifter needs to go in favor of better bushings, super simple and no cost thing to do and yet they don't.

I would say better interior plastics but I don't think thats it, just the styling is a little off. Especially that big swath of painted silver plastic in front of the passenger. All painted silver plastic should go in favor of something textured and molded in that color.

Tire selection might be better, they must get a hell of a deal on these though.

Exterior styling, sport grill should be standard, rear painted strip instead of chrome should be standard, tail lights on the wagon should be normal red.

All in all though the slight detuning of the 08 over the 07 I really like though. I can spend several hours in this car with no comfort problem.

Never had heated cloth seats before, should be super nice over the initial freezing cold of leather heated ones. Prefer cloth over leather anyway.

I thought I would miss power seats but I don't, would like to have a tilt for the platform though but no complaints.

I am surprised to see stereo mentioned, I am guessing that is from the folks that went with the base model? I have the factory premium and sub and like it quite a bit.

A slightly lower power band with slightly more economy. How much better can this "engine of the year" get?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts