Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
I'm actually going to be the test subject for those, if you want a more in-depth response I'll let you know once they have time to get them on and get em dialed in...

~Mike

·
Registered
109 Posts
That is a great price for those coilovers. :eek: Too bad I wasn't planning on coilovers just yet.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
HKS Hipermax may also be another option for you in this price range. I can get them for 1650 and the sport one for a bit more.

Apexi is also releasing theirs. Their car ar SEMA had them on.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really like the stainless steel body. I live in mass the salt is nasty on the car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey guys thanks for the enthusiasm and interest. We are very excited about this new setup we are offering. I am beibng vague because we are NOT a vendor here yet and I am waiting for info from the forum operators. If anyone has any questions contact me directly.

I think when you add up the important issues such as real world valving for USA roads, 2 way adjustability( compression and rebound), stainless steel coated with INOX to prevent ANY rust, USA support by a industry leader known for after sales technical support, and a lifetime warranty. No one else offers that.

On top of that, this intro price that puts a product that is normally in the NEXT category, at a price point where more can afford. Win/win comes to mind. :)

[email protected]
410-579-1501

Myles

·
Registered
651 Posts
for anyone contemplating coilovers for their 3gen, these would be hands down my top recommendation

the KW coilovers preserve the oe travel that most of the Japanese coilovers do not

the damping on the KW's is very well sorted, many folks run some rather firm rates on these and find the ride only slightly firmer than stock (it's all in the valving!)

these are double adjustable- both rebound and compression, typically your looking at $2500+ for double adjustable coilovers

these coilovers can "grow" w/ you- if you start fiddling w/ motorsports- firmer springs can be sourced, even the damping can be revalved if needed

they are warrantied and serviced by RCE, this is huge plus in your investment (ask anyone who has cheap coilovers crap out on them)- these guys know suspension and they know the Impreza platform

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Wow thumbs up on the lifetime warranty :eek:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow they look awsome.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Nice looking units. What are the rates on these? With and without helper springs an option available to you guys?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice looking units. What are the rates on these? With and without helper springs an option available to you guys?
From RCE

Technical Info:

¬? Front adjustment: 1.2‚Äù¬? Rear adjustment: 1.2‚Äù¬? Ride height front (measured from wheel hub center to bottom of fender well): ¬? Max 14.3‚Äù¬? Min 12.6‚Äù¬? Ride height rear (measured from wheel hub center to bottom of fender well): ¬? Max 14.3‚Äù¬? Min 12.6‚Äù¬? Top Hats are NOT included. ¬? Spring Rate Rear: 455 lbf/in linear¬? Spring Rate Front: 455 lbf/in linear¬? Adjustable rebound & compression via 2mm allen/set screw.¬? Independently adjustable damping technology -rebound and compression damping¬? "inox-line" stainless steel technology¬? Individual height adjustment¬? German TUEV-tested adjustment parameters¬? Comprehensive documentation for ease of use¬? Infinitely adjustable rebound damping¬? 14- level adjustable compression damping

Myles Williams

Motorsports parts development & marketing

Racecomp Engineering LLC.
6360 South Hanover Rd Suite J.
Elkridge, Maryland 21075

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
8.1kg/mm F and R + linear
Wonder what the purpose is of the helpers if rate is consistent for the entire unit.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
just to take up droop travel, the have VERY little rate on their own
That makes sense. I was just wondering why they left that out of their spec sheet. I know alot of drivers which find the helpers unproductive and at times interrupts driving rhythm.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts