Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my MY08 today - in WRB and it looks fantastic. So happy to own it. Exhaust anyone?
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
I shopped around and did a lot of research. IMO, the invidia N1 is the best sounding 08 exhaust availible and is also one of the least restrictive in its design. I also went with a catless Invidia downpipe but I will tell you, going 3" catless takes the car from mellow and deep to a whole new level of pissed off angry rumble. When you delete the cat you can hear the turbine spool up VERY clearly, its nearly as loud as the exhaust is.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I shopped around and did a lot of research. IMO, the invidia N1 is the best sounding 08 exhaust availible and is also one of the least restrictive in its design. I also went with a catless Invidia downpipe but I will tell you, going 3" catless takes the car from mellow and deep to a whole new level of pissed off angry rumble. When you delete the cat you can hear the turbine spool up VERY clearly, its nearly as loud as the exhaust is.
;D.....drooling...thanks for the report...I've got my mind made up on the N1...I think I'm going with the Turbo XS downpipe...4.5 in!!!! I've got an email in to find out what's it's constructed of..hopefully quality stainless...

is your setup crazy loud...like get in trouble loud?? not like I really care...but just curious...

did you get a tune?? hp/tq increases...I would love to hear a sound clip ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! I went with the SPT exhaust. I wanted something less restrictive than stock, but also didnt want to be heard from miles away! The SPT did the trick.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! I went with the SPT exhaust. I wanted something less restrictive than stock, but also didnt want to be heard from miles away! The SPT did the trick.
^^^^^^ I agree ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
The invida is awsome thats what i put on sounds great not too loud looks good too.. highly recomended

·
Registered
220 Posts
Its very loud under load/boost, but actually quiet at cruise and idle. It's loud when it should be, very livable for a DD/street car.

There isn't much of a need for the turboxs DP, I like the quality of the invidia and the cast bellmouth/divorced WG integrated into the design. To each his own!

I'm using the perrin stage 2 map for 93 octane. The torque down low is pretty sick, but the turbo still starts coughing boiling blood at 4500+ rpms.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WHat turbo upgrades can we do?
Im pretty keen after I read some dog review on the performance.. I like it anyway, but its time for an upgrade soon.
Ive heard our drivetrain can handle a bit which is good.. im thinking about 350HP and I'll be happy..
I need injectors.. Turbo.. Cooler.. Tuning..
WHat turbos can we put on? Can we still use the Sti ones?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts