1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
752 Posts
you could probably go to the local Advanced Auto Parts or Autozone for the hose and go to Home Depot or Lowes for the rest. i bet it would be cheaper.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I did this to a 95 Trans Am that I had. Real easy mod, well on that car anyway. Not sure of hp gains but anything to reduce intake heat is good for hp.

Seth

·
Registered
182 Posts
Er, when I look under my hood, I see an air filter in the front passenger corner, and a little rectangular snorkel/funnel attachment leading to it from just behind where the hood meets the front of the car.

So, I'm at a loss for why you'd need anything like an "intake cooler" (you already have an intercooler) or a CAI, unless you feel guilty about having a heavy wallet or something.

Someone 'splain me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
333 Posts
well first off me and lurker are NA guys so no intercooler for us and i dont know about him but im sure as hell not gonna waste my money on a cold air intake when i really dont need that much more airflow...

so this might be a cheap way of cooling the incoming air without making the engine run lean or anything... i doubt you really get 8HP but 5HP is believable and ultimately greatly apreciated. Although i think ill be one of those guys putting it on for spring/summer and taking it off for end of fall/winter (if i do get it)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well first off me and lurker are NA guys so no intercooler for us and i dont know about him but im sure as hell not gonna waste my money on a cold air intake when i really dont need that much more airflow...

so this might be a cheap way of cooling the incoming air without making the engine run lean or anything... i doubt you really get 8HP but 5HP is believable and ultimately greatly apreciated. Although i think ill be one of those guys putting it on for spring/summer and taking it off for end of fall/winter (if i do get it)
+1 im not really looking for the extra power, and i do have a hard time believing that you can get 8hp from this. im mainly just trying to make what i have run better. i was really only planning on doing a quality ground mod, a lighter set of wheels, and some suspension mods. i saw this and was mainly curious if it would hurt any thing. i dont really think it could. i plan on using this car for a long time so i just want my engine to run smooth, clean, and happy :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Damn I can't get on ebay from work to see what this is. But from my experience with my TA it has a coolant line that goes from the radiator to the TB they say to keep the blades from freezing, I think it is for emissions personally. It heats the throttle body basically. If you bypass this it keeps the hot engine coolant from heating the throttle body. In theory also keeps that heat from transferring to the intake air making it less dense. Hope that helps some.

Seth

1 - 8 of 8 Posts