Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sprayed the tail lights, only had my camera phone on me, I'll upload some better ones later on.....

·
Registered
700 Posts
did you only do the corner part of the tail light? make sure you clear coat too. clear coat will keep it shining and prevent it from fading during a nice winter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I taped them off and only sprayed the corner....Do they have a clear coat spray??

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
looks nice :D yeah they should have a clear coat it'll keep 'em nice for a while

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yea, I taped them off and only sprayed the corner....Do they have a clear coat spray??

your local parts store should have clear coat. thinking bout doing mine red then doing black do give it a nice dark red. gonna try it on a old civic tail light just to get an idea if it will work

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Doesn't look right to me. I think you should do the whole tail light or nothing at all. It's a bit dark too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to hit the entire light but once you go over the reverse lights the cops are just waiting to pull your ass over so I decided against it. I have to take some with a real camera and not my phone and put them up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I do not fully understand the tail lamp treatment in the picture above. You only covered the "stop" light segment. I would imagine you would only tape up the reverse light and paint the rest of the lamp. Where you trying to just cover the stop lights? Don't you think it looks too busy?
If you like it like that, I'd be the first to encourage you to do anything you want. It is your car, and if you like it, that is all you really need.
Just my opinion.

BTW, I have pictures of how I did my sedan. In case you'd like to see them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vlenhoff - Yea, I wasn't too sure about how the entire light would look so I didn't want to do the entire thing....Can you post or send me pictures of yours.

Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
These pics have been around for a while. You may have already seen them. It is very simple, and it makes the red part of the tail light look bigger. I like it. My friends hardly even noticed since it look factory :)

the following is the photoshoped picture I did to see what it would look like.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's a couple more with a better camera....The pictures always come out looking different than what it actually looks like....the tint is darker...

·
Registered
700 Posts
take a few shots farther away and i say do the whole tail light. and clear coat to give it some shine

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have to photoshop how it will look with the entire thing tinted....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts