Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Im looking to get my windows tinted but I was going to put a few decals like the one from this site and a few others on one of the windows first and then get them tinted. Would that affect the tint job or would I have to wait to get them tinted and then put the decals on over the tint? I just dont wanna be sure cause I dont wanna put them on and then go to get it tinted just for them to have to be taken off. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Ok, I think some clarification is in order.

First, all window tint goes on the **inside** of the window.

Many window tinters trim the tint and shrink it to fit on the outside of the windows with a heat gun first (with the backing still on), and then they remove the backing and stick it on the inside.

That being said, you should wait until after your windows are tinted (and you are happy with the results) before you apply exterior decals since they will mess up the heat shrink and leave an outline of the sticker on your tint on the inside.

If the stickers are interior decals (sticky side on top of the print), apply them first before the tinting job...if you have a choice, the exterior decals will make your life and the tinter's life easier. (Also, it depends on the tint, but if they have to redo a window with an interior sticker on it, it could damage the decal/pull it off the window.)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah its the 3gwrx.com sticker from this site that i was going to put on. anyone know if it goes on the inside or the outside?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
inside...its not a real sticker, its a cling type sticker so you can remove ir and put it back on with no trouble. It uses static to stick to the window.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I paid $150. I'd say any where from 150-200. Any more then 200 is a rip off! Most of the guys on here are around the $175 mark.

·
Registered
28 Posts
make sure wherever you go they give you a lifetime warranty there's no excuse for them not to.

·
Registered
954 Posts
i had the back 5 windows done for $100 in 35%. came out nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts