Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WARNING I'AM NOT RESPNSABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY COME TO YOUR ENGINE OR TRANS AS A RESULT OF TUNING

I have gotten alot of PM's and Questions about where i got it and how to set it up

iv been running it now for well over a year now on a stock trans and clutch without any problems

here is the link to download

http://ecu-mods.com/online/index.php

once its downloaded you have to unpack/unzip the file to you desktop

once you have FFSLCAZ1E401A on your desktop you want to drag and drop whatever rom you want patched into that same file like so

once you have the rom in the folder you are going to click TinyPatcher [if on windows 7 it will say unknown source would you still like to run just click yes]

then you are going to press any key and it will start patching your Rom. once that is done you will need to go back to the extracted file and open the ECUflash.XML file and copy it

once you have it coppied you will need to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\subaru\Impreza WRX and paste the coppied XML file into you definitions right before the </ROM>

im using a XPT ROM so i added it to XPT2401A but yours may be different to check open the rom and open Rom INFO and then see what Internal ID: is

at this point if you did every thing right the only thing to do is set the Deltas and adjust the fuel cuts.

the delta is going to subtract and lower your fuel cut

so if the fuel cut is set to 6700 and you want to launch @ 3500 you want your delta set to 3200
same thing for FFS if you want to FFS @ 4500 you only need a 2200 delta

i have my MPH set to 5 MPH that is when LC delta is going to be removed and allow for WOT

the MPH AND KPH will adjust each other so you only need to set one

you will also want to adjust the Fuel cuts closer to decrease the time between them i just set mine to 6700 on 6695 off

you may also want to check your fuel cut boost resume what this does is tell the computer to hold the fuel cut until boost reaches under that MAP

NOW FLASH AND HAVE FUN

hopefully this helps everyone but if you still need any help feel free to PM me

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can some one else confirm that my link works i got a PM saying it didnt but it works fine for me using google chrome

also as i get more time freed up from work im planning on doing similar writeups on how to disable TGV codes as well MAF Scaling and other tuning info

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Bumping this up. It turns out its not working quite so easily for me. When i open tinypatcher and press any key it simply closes

·
Registered
899 Posts
Bumping this up. It turns out its not working quite so easily for me. When i open tinypatcher and press any key it simply closes
Try using the patch.bat file, Once the patch.bat is done, you just have to open up the ecuflash xml. Copy the code and paste it in your (ECU ID's xml) like mentioned above. Because the tinywrex file was hard for me to use..

I actually set this up today lol.. let me tell you FFS is amazing haha and lc was amazing for a few seconds but I havent actually launched it yet :(

Maybe I lied haha.. I did it and it pulled and the wheels actually broke loose at about 5k rpm.. LC set @ 4450 rpm :eek:

Sounds exactly likes this ::

Anyone needs help feel free to pm me.. I am just on the stock tune with FFS+ LC though ;D

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Got it working. There was a problem with the actual patch file, but with Eric's help we got it sorted out in a matter of 3 hours :) I love this community

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
And im wayyy to damn nervous to use the ffs! My palms were sweaty just testing out the launches! Im scared to death of breaking something :(

·
Registered
899 Posts
Got it working. There was a problem with the actual patch file, but with Eric's help we got it sorted out in a matter of 3 hours :) I love this community
Dang 3 hours?.. haha the patch.bat was pretty quick for me :p

And im wayyy to damn nervous to use the ffs! My palms were sweaty just testing out the launches! Im scared to death of breaking something :(
You tried out the lc(rev'd it) or actually launched it? The ffs is pretty cool.. its basically reminds me of LC but while in motion lol. Trust me I was scared, I wasn't even sure that I wanted to go through this :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just curious, how long did it take to get the files after ordering and how long does the patching process take?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Just curious, how long did it take to get the files after ordering and how long does the patching process take?
I bought the patch about 8:30 pm and i finally recieved the email at 2:47 am.. The patching process took me about less than a hour

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Dang 3 hours?.. haha the patch.bat was pretty quick for me :p

You tried out the lc(rev'd it) or actually launched it? The ffs is pretty cool.. its basically reminds me of LC but while in motion lol. Trust me I was scared, I wasn't even sure that I wanted to go through this :p
No I launched it. My girl was in my car, she said she got moist :D lmfao

Anyways, the problem wasn't patching the file... it was the fact that the '11 has 3 seperate values for rev limiter settings... Tinywrex had been using the wrong one. So I had to wait for him to adjust the right values. I think I still have to work out the ffs values because it didn't seem to work, and I just smacked the rev limiter :(

The patching should only take a matter of minutes, if you know your way around command prompt. It took me a while because I was trying to use the tinypatcher, which doesn't work. And, I had Eric look at the file since I couldn't get it to work the first time.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I also received the files after purchase after about 10 minutes.
Tinywrex is in Europe, so he runs on a different schedule than we do over here.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I actually set this up today lol.. let me tell you FFS is amazing haha and lc was amazing for a few seconds but I havent actually launched it yet :(

Maybe I lied haha.. I did it and it pulled and the wheels actually broke loose at about 5k rpm.. LC set @ 4450 rpm :eek:
thats not your wheels spinning, thats your clutch not grabbing. lower the LC value else youlll glaze the stock clutch in short order. I dont believe you can spin tires on a stage 2 setup. Even stockers.

on a side note, im looking at this too, sounds awesome. Lc is always a good thing to have, FFS not so much imo

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I spun my tires on a stage 1 launch :eek: Confirmed by the smell of rubber lol. Followed by clutch :(

Eric recommended I set it at 5k for lc. He said that works best for the vf-52

·
Registered
899 Posts

thats not your wheels spinning, thats your clutch not grabbing. lower the LC value else youlll glaze the stock clutch in short order. I dont believe you can spin tires on a stage 2 setup. Even stockers.

on a side note, im looking at this too, sounds awesome. Lc is always a good thing to have, FFS not so much imo
Yeah that seems more reasonable :-X

I spun my tires on a stage 1 launch :eek: Confirmed by the smell of rubber lol. Followed by clutch :(

Eric recommended I set it at 5k for lc. He said that works best for the vf-52
I just recently dropped lc to 3450 because i am scared :p

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'm not saying to not launch at 5k, but untill you learn the correct way to release for a good takeoff, you are better off starting lower with LC. Theres a good way and a bad way to do it. if you search the forums sylent_wrx made many posts about this :)

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'm not saying to not launch at 5k, but untill you learn the correct way to release for a good takeoff, you are better off starting lower with LC. Theres a good way and a bad way to do it. if you search the forums sylent_wrx made many posts about this :)
Yeah, I didn't do it cause you said to haha :p I figured if I dropped it to 3450 so I can learn how to launch it easier and take it easier on my car, since I only have 15k miles :-\

And thanks i'll search sylent_wrx :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
been gone for a while and never checked this thread but glad to see others have tried this out and like it.

and just so others aren't scared of FFS iv only used my LC a few times lesser then 5,i just dont like shocking the driveline like that. but use FFS very regularly and have had 0 trans problems and on a stock clutch. it is very scary the first time and a lil difficult to get used to but once its dialed in and your used to the motions its very smooth and fast.

·
Registered
342 Posts
What's this tinypatcher thing? If you have the most recent firmware from Cobb (plug in your AP into your PC/notebook) and it should automatically update itself. Also, if you have AP tuner race software then you can enable LC/FFS on that software. You just open your current map and click save as. That's it. Upload onto AP and upload onto your ECU.

...on the other hand, no one has mentioned accessport in this thread so sorry if this has nothing to do with this thread haha

1 - 20 of 126 Posts