Subaru WRX Forums banner

41 - 60 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Anyone have a free link to the FFS/LC patch? Kinda hard to justify just for a little patch.
It's only bucks.. go buy a ap and come back here :)
Actually, I wouldn't mind paying $50 if it was going towards someone who actually provided the tune, like say Eric for example. But like I said, it's hard to justify the cost, especially when one can purchase a TP map for $85, and its value and purpose far exceeds a simple LC/FFS patch made by some random internet guy.

BTW, I had an AP prior to switching to open source tuning, and in my opinion, Cobb is definitely the better option between the two.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Anyone have a free link to the FFS/LC patch? Kinda hard to justify just for a little patch.
Actually, I wouldn't mind paying if it was going towards someone who actually provided the tune, like say Eric for example. But like I said, it's hard to justify the cost, especially when one can purchase a TP map for , and its value and purpose far exceeds a simple LC/FFS patch made by some random internet guy.

BTW, I had an AP prior to switching to open source tuning, and in my opinion, Cobb is definitely the better option between the two.
Uh.. ok.. i think lc and ffs is a pretty worth while buy.. my stock, catback only wrx keeps up with a stg 2 05 wrx.. Maybe its just the 2.5l and vf52 though. Im not sure :p

·
Registered
142 Posts
Actually, I wouldn't mind paying if it was going towards someone who actually provided the tune, like say Eric for example. But like I said, it's hard to justify the cost, especially when one can purchase a TP map for , and its value and purpose far exceeds a simple LC/FFS patch made by some random internet guy.

Uh.. ok.. i think lc and ffs is a pretty worth while buy.. my stock, catback only wrx keeps up with a stg 2 05 wrx.. Maybe its just the 2.5l and vf52 though. Im not sure :p
Sorry, don't mean to get in an argument with you but I think you're mistaking launch control and flat foot shifting as a tune, rather than a feature. When you say you can keep up with a Stage 2 05 WRX, are you implying that this was done in a street environment, because at the drag strip, there's no such thing as keeping up. You either win or lose.

I've used the LC/FFS feature on the AP when it was released for beta testing earlier this year. All I can say is, there is no significant difference between launching normally and launching with LC. In fact, most Subaru and Mitsubishi owners I ran into at the track prefer not to use any of those features, as it is not something they want to put their engine through.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Btw u can get ffs and lc free and easy with any tune. Off of cobbd site.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
899 Posts
Sorry, don't mean to get in an argument with you but I think you're mistaking launch control and flat foot shifting as a tune, rather than a feature. When you say you can keep up with a Stage 2 05 WRX, are you implying that this was done in a street environment, because at the drag strip, there's no such thing as keeping up. You either win or lose.
I've used the LC/FFS feature on the AP when it was released for beta testing earlier this year. All I can say is, there is no significant difference between launching normally and launching with LC. In fact, most Subaru and Mitsubishi owners I ran into at the track prefer not to use any of those features, as it is not something they want to put their engine through.
Ok, i dont really care for a argument lol. It is pointless, but yes I do know that it IS a feature ;)

It was actually at a dragstrip though but yeah you are right.. either win or lose. I said keeping up because the town i am in currently.. has a poor track(no timing system setup; financial problems, and not enough interest) :)

I didn't mean for it to turn into a argument or offend you in anyway :-[

·
Registered
902 Posts
so i have a TP stage 2 tune on my 11. i just got done messing with all this. what is everyones favorite spots?? i see Eric sets the rev fuel cut at 6900rpm and the other number to 6850rpm. i want to launch at 5000rpm so i set the delta to 1900 for both LC and FFS.

i tested the LC in the driveway out of gear and sure enough it works, bounces off the rev limit at 5000-5100rpm. my other question is i didnt build any boost. is this because i wasnt in gear? my boost gauge at idle is -20 and when doing this it only went to -10. shouldnt you build boost? i only held my foot on the throttle for 1-2 seconds also.

for FFS is 5000rpm ok? like im going to shift at 6500rpm and normally the rpms drop to like 4500rpm i think. wont 5000rpm make the car bog down because the motor naturally want to be at 4500rpm?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
you need to set the rev cut and resume closer to build better boost. i have mine split by only 5 rpm. so 6900 cut and 6895 resume, the stock ecu cant switch that fast but it wont hurt anything and will keep it from a 50 RPM drop between cycles.

and as far as FFS its all Preference never going to find a RPM that works for all gears unless you shift @ a different RPM in every gear. If i remember right mine used to be set @ 5000 never had a problem just remember to slip the clutch never dump it. a clutch is cheaper then a trans.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Oops it was set to 6900/6890. Problem now is I have no ffs. I set it to 5000, 4000 and 3000rpm and no matter what I do it will not work. The delta was 1900, 2900 and 3900 FYI.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
You need to set ur FFS. to when you use it after what RPM. Like u dont FF untill after say 5k. That is were i set mine. So I only use it after 5k for playing around.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Like I said I tried everything. Thats why i tried 3000 rpm to test it out and it didn't work.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
It's not my work, so I can't give it away. You will have to add it to the maps your self, I can also assist if you are having trouble getting it to work for you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oops it was set to 6900/6890. Problem now is I have no ffs. I set it to 5000, 4000 and 3000rpm and no matter what I do it will not work. The delta was 1900, 2900 and 3900 FYI.
yeah doesn't work for me either I am starting to suspect its broken for 2011s, has anyone got the Ffs to work on a 2011? if so please share how.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I still haven't gotten it to work on mine. Afaik I was the first to run the map, had to get Nikos to change it to work on the '11 in the first place. I'm not sure how thourough he tested it on our year... which is why he didn't know they used seperate fuel trim maps for launch control/ffs. That's my speculation.

41 - 60 of 126 Posts