Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thowing a line out there to see if someone can help explain the table to me and how to tune it?
Anyone?
Cheers

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the situation.

I understand why it is there, how to gather the info to tune the table, but how the values actually relate to each other is a concept that I cannot get my head around.

It is probably an answer that I am going to go DUH, but for some reason I can’t see it.

As of right now I am looking at Cobbs info and one of my questions comes from the "Cobbs tuning guide".

It shows in the second paragraph that “A” data point in the image is -20% for a particular TPS Delta and needs to be adjusted.
Which cell are they referencing?
What am I missing?
Can someone help explain the different values in the table shown below?

[quote author=Cobb Tuning - AccessECU Software Calibration & Tuning Guides for Subaru’s v1.08”]

If your combined A/F Trim Immediate and A/F Trim Learned are -20% for a particular TPS Delta then you will want to make an adjustment. We have found the best adjustment to make to this table is ¬? of the recorded fuel trim value;

For the above situation you would want to modify the data points by remove 10 percent, which is ¬? of -20%. You can highlight the Enrichment cell for that particular TPS Delta point and hit the ‚ÄúM‚Äù key; you will then be prompted to enter a floating point value.?

The correct value for this particular situation would be .90; this adjustment will now tell your ECU for that particular TPS Delta you now want a 10% less MASS of fuel burst to enter the motor. After this adjustment is made your combined A/F Trims should be closer to zero. The further the sum of A/F Trim Immed. And A/F Trim Learned % is from zero, the further off your Tip-in Enrichment settings are from ideal. We suggest you tune so that your combined A/F Trim Immed. & A/F Trim Learned % is a small (14% or less) number.” [/quote]

Anyone have any thoughts on this situation?

Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ok so I was staring at this for a while trying to decipher what it's talking about. This is what I make of it. (Tuning super-noob btw). It looks like that for each of the TPS Delta values you also have a A/F Trimmed Immediate and a A/F Trim learned (If you have access to these values I would like to see them to further understand the process). The sum of these values gives you a percent (? or you can get a percent from them.) The further this percentage is from 0 the further away from perfection you are. The best method he found for altering the values to get closer to 0% is to modify the enrichment value by half of the percentage he got. So lets say that for TPS Delta of 7.81 he found that the sum of A/F Trimmed Imm. and A/F Trim learned was -16%. You would then highlight the enrichment cell for TPS Delta of 7.81 and type in .92, 1.0 - .92 = .08x100= 8%, (Enrichment = 352x.92 = 323.84). Hope I helped :)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You would then highlight the enrichment cell for TPS Delta of 7.81 and type in .92, 1.0 - .92 = .08x100= 8%, (Enrichment = 352x.92 = 323.84). Hope I helped :)
I have been looking at this for a couple of days now and THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR... The light bulb just went on!!!! THANK YOU = "+'s"

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
(If you have access to these values I would like to see them to further understand the process).

Hey sxhmidog.

Cobb is planning on coming out with the AccessTUNER software for the AP v2 hopefully pretty soon. Also Cobb has put out a tuning guide, which is where my question came from. Here is a link to the article that I am reading. Now in the article there are references to other guides... they are located at the end of the PFD.

Thanks again for the help!

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/images/AccessTUNERSoftwareCalibrationTuningGuidesSubarusv111.pdf

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sweet man thanks. I've been sitting idle with RomRaider and haven't even tried to log anything. I need to get my butt in gear. Oh and fyi if you ended up with +16% you would need to use 1.08 to bump it 8% in the correct direction (For completeness sake).

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet man thanks. I've been sitting idle with RomRaider and haven't even tried to log anything. I need to get my butt in gear. Oh and fyi if you ended up with +16% you would need to use 1.08 to bump it 8% in the correct direction (For completeness sake).
The disconnect was the arbitrary TPS value (I thought that value was calculated), comparied to the TPD Delta.

I thought that I would throw this out there too. The "Unabomber" (On NASOIC) does an excellent job explains different aspects of tuning and where you can find additional information.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=795608

RomRaider... That is a good site too. Do you have the ability to log?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I have the ability but apparently no will to try, haha.
It is a pain in the butt to try to find a spot that is long, flat, straight, and free of fuz ;) ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts