Subaru WRX Forums banner

To sell or not to sell.....

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Troa 
#1 ·
So I picked up these wheels yesterday for $180. They came off a totalled 05 wrx. Theyre 18x7.5s, just like the rotas ive got on now, so I bought them for the tires mostly. They're wrapped in Toyo proxes 4s with really good tread so im stoked on that, but im debating what to do with the rims. 2 are fine, ones pretty scratched up, and the other is toast (big chunk missing on the inside, not pictured). If i keep them I will have to buy one new rim ($300) and probably get them all painted/powder coated to cover up the damage to the one. I really like how they look, but theyre really heavy (~20lbs each) so im not sure what to do. Im eventually planning on buying some summer rims, new, so these would be for winter. I dont know if 18s are a good winter rim though. What do you guys think I should do? I could probably sell just the rims alone for as much as i bought them with the tires, or i could swap the tires with the ones from my rotas and maybe make a little cash.

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know what deal you get, but figure $80/wheel for powder coating or painting professionally. Add that to $300 for the new wheel and you're already up to $620 + dismounting/mounting/balancing tires, new lugs, etc. for 20lb wheels. I'd say if you are in love with them then it's worth it but it seems a little expensive if you are just lukewarm on them. You got a deal on the tires, so if you don't love the wheels it doesn't make sense to spend any more IMO.

#3 ·
yea, they are my favorite style of rims, but i would ideally like some 18x8.5s for summer so im indecisive. But yea, that does seem pretty steep, especially considering one of the rims is REALLY scratched up.

#8 ·
ive decided to sell just because ive gotten so much interest in the one day i posted them for sale. Plus, if i sell them, then i can add another mod to my "free list" haha. I wanna make it as big as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.