Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got to 145ish. sounds about right. never do that again, it scared the hell out of me and was extremely stupid, just had to hit it once.

(all stunts were performed on a closed highway @ 3am)

·
Registered
345 Posts
i hit about 130 on a back country road at about 3 p.m. lol... there were 9 of us 2 rex's 5 sti's and 2 evo's and we all just wen out on a drive on some back country roads out top speed was about 130.... and never dropped under 100 unless traffice was infront of us.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've gone up to 149 km on the highway with a posted limit of 100 km. We have a law in Ontario that considers going over 50 km the speed limit is racing. If caught be the police, the car will be towed on the spot, you will not be able to drive it for 7 days and you have to pay several thousand dollars (max. $10,000). I have to keep an eye on my speedometer all the time. Sometimes you just don't notice how fast you're going. :p

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
200km/h for me... considering its winter here i didnt want to try more on a cold road...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Saw, 140 on mine before stage 1 :eek:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've done 80mph. High speeds aren't my thing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i got 130 and still had more..

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'd be surprised if I've hit 70mph. Only about 750 miles on the car, but still, the car is so great. If I want to go fast, the car wants to play. If I want to cruise nice and smoothly on the highway, the car will relax with me.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I topped 160 KMH and it scared the shit out of me :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
did a 4th gear pull from 60 to 120mph this morning on my way to work at 5am (stock wrx). pulled great from 65-100, 100-120 not so thrillling. Thrilling was 145 in my old mini, and terifing was 160 in my brothers 2002 M3.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I only have 600 miles on my car so far I'll have to wait ...

145 mphstock?

·
Registered
88 Posts
well i got to 145ish. sounds about right. never do that again, it scared the hell out of me and was extremely stupid, just had to hit it once.
139 mph then I bounced off the speed govenor....didn't really feel that fast except for the fact all the cars in the right lane were just a blur :eek:...90 feels like 60 in this car ;D

·
Registered
138 Posts
139 mph then I bounced off the speed govenor....didn't really feel that fast except for the fact all the cars in the right lane were just a blur :eek:...90 feels like 60 in this car ;D

Yeah you're right - not only high speeds, but any speed it seems eh?? Again, only 2 days in the car yet but I was usually surprised when I looked at the speedo.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts