Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
i think you can rev till 7000rpm to shift right or is it slower if rev to the end?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
you need to look at a dyno of your car you want to change gears when your power starts dropping of i know for my car i need to shift around 5.7k other then that you are just dragging out your rpm in a none productive way

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks, i been looking for it for a while but no one seems have dyno their cars with the mods that i got

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks alot!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I always shift at stock redline. And I ran 12.54 with the same shift pattern . Don't think shifting 200 earlier would make any difference. Redline is 7k

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
some people do that ^^^^ its mostly personal preference but from all that i read on how to read a dyno and all the information you get from a real dyno chart it goes way beyond just your power 200 RPM does not make a big difference now but you wait till you get low 12 and you do not want to leave the track until you get into the 11s lol :) every little edge helps :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
True. The faster you get the more you have to do to get every last hundredth of a second. I just put the vid up so people could see how fast the mph climbs over a stock or stage 1 car.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I'm no guru but I'm 41 and have been into cars since I was small and from guys I've known(plus some reading), meet, etc.. who were beating most the competition always said to shiift just before your at peak power(your reaction time will make it very close to peak then).

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
hmmm never knew that might be true but what if after your peak is at 4.5k like it seems with most cars and then drops just a little? and then at 5.8 starts to really descend i have never seen a muscle car dyno before i would imagine that the power band is way different from our cars...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
hmmm never knew that might be true but what if after your peak is at 4.5k like it seems with most cars and then drops just a little? and then at 5.8 starts to really descend i have never seen a muscle car dyno before i would imagine that the power band is way different from our cars...

Sounds like an old BB Chevy!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts