Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a AP next week and I am wondering if I should get TP stg1 or just use the OTS Stg1? I have a DP @ home and plan on putting it on in Feb or so, and plan on TP Stg2 at that point. The thing I am worried about is I have a AEM intake now w/o a tune, and have a CBE but that is it. The reason I ask is because I am going through some training and have to drive home (2100 miles), and want to reflash it prior to the trip back. Should I spend the $70 for the TP Stg1 for a few months or will my car be ok until I put the dp on and go TP Stg2 @ that time? I really don't want to spend $140 when I can spend $70, but I don't want to ruin my car by not getting my AFR right. Basically wondering if my AFR will be ok until I get the DP on? Word!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think I read that ots stage 1 map is okay with CAI/SRIs.. Wouldn't matter for oem airbox + filter but I think you're good with the ots stage 1 map... for now, only a short week away from the AP :) until February and you get more stage 2 mods then TP stage 2. You'll be grinning cheek to cheek

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I am getting a AP next week and I am wondering if I should get TP stg1 or just use the OTS Stg1? I have a DP @ home and plan on putting it on in Feb or so, and plan on TP Stg2 at that point. The thing I am worried about is I have a AEM intake now w/o a tune, and have a CBE but that is it. The reason I ask is because I am going through some training and have to drive home (2100 miles), and want to reflash it prior to the trip back. Should I spend the for the TP Stg1 for a few months or will my car be ok until I put the dp on and go TP Stg2 @ that time? I really don't want to spend 0 when I can spend , but I don't want to ruin my car by not getting my AFR right. Basically wondering if my AFR will be ok until I get the DP on? Word!
I would not drive anyone without a tune especially with an intake. If you don't want to spend the money right now take off the intake and leave the cbe on that won't do anything. Leaving the intake on you risk running into a lean condition and causing engine damage, or you can buy stage 1 and it comes with 7 different intake choices, i just bought stage 1 and aem is on the list.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Might as well drop the $$ now on the tune so you are good for the next few months. The Cobb OTS maps were tuned for stock air box. Not worth potential damage for a 2100 mile road trip.. (where are you driving from?)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Oh snap, forgive my ignorance. I thought I read somewhere that a few 11' guys are running AP, stage 1 with minor bolt ons.. ie) intake, SRI/CAI.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
the torqued performance maps are quite impressive. like said they come with like 7 different intake maps as well as a stock airbox map. cant go wrong for 69 bucks.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I guess I will have to buy it then. I have had the intake on for a while now, I hope that I have not ruined anything so far. I was kinda stupid about it really, should have never bought it. I would put the stock one back on but I am in Oklahoma and its at home in Washington. One more question do I just purchase it and then plug the AP in and it loads or what? Kinda a noob on the AP stuff.....

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Might as well drop the $$ now on the tune so you are good for the next few months. The Cobb OTS maps were tuned for stock air box. Not worth potential damage for a 2100 mile road trip.. (where are you driving from?)
Altus OK-Spokane WA

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Ok I guess I will have to buy it then. I have had the intake on for a while now, I hope that I have not ruined anything so far. I was kinda stupid about it really, should have never bought it. I would put the stock one back on but I am in Oklahoma and its at home in Washington. One more question do I just purchase it and then plug the AP in and it loads or what? Kinda a noob on the AP stuff.....
the accessport maps are gonna need accessport race software to open and save to your accessport. just fyi. email cobb and register your accessport. then they will send you a link for the software. its free and the only way to get the map loaded.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet thanks 424, I will plan on that then. So do I need to get that before I buy the map? Or can I get the map today and the Cobb download later?

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Sweet thanks 424, I will plan on that then. So do I need to get that before I buy the map? Or can I get the map today and the Cobb download later?
do you have the accessport yet? you need the serial# off the box for registration for the software.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kind of I mailed it to my parents house in KS, I might just call them and get the#. I wanted it here but I am in a hotel and did not want to chance it getting lost.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yup, ask the parents for the serial number on the box. If you have the warranty sticker behind the AP unit itself, it's on there as well.

Email Cobb and send in the required information. They'll send it to you in less than 24 hours. Then you'll have the software to upload eminehart's maps.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok i registered with cobb and waiting for the email. So I got a hold of the guy @ TP and he hooked me up with a deal. Gave me the Stg1 and Stg2 maps for $115, so I am no as bum'd out as I would be paying $140 for both. I am still awaiting him to email them, then I will install them next week. Thanks for all the help guys, and if you know anything else I am not thinking of I would appreciate the inputs. If anyone is ever flying over WA and needs some gas in the air, I am your guy ;) . Feel free to help a noob on any AP issues I would not be aware of.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PS how do you get the Torqued Performance pic under your mods?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts