Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What pisses you off more than a huge scratch on a brand new WRX?!!

Well just my luck I got one after only owning the car for 2 days!!! I have recently received some touch-up paint and applied it today. It is unnoticeable from afar, but up close you can definitely tell there was a HUGE scratch.

Anybody know some tricks of the trade to help my car not look like it was on MTV's Scarred???

Thanks!

·
Registered
421 Posts
haha well 4 days into owning the car i drove past a grass cutter who happened to sweep a rock into the side of my door. I was just short of crying like a baby who just spoilt his new toy.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Try a little rubbing compound on it, then use a good wax with an electric buffer. Might help some.

Seth

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey man, last Sunday my brother backed up into my car so I ordered Bondo and some touch-up paint so I feel your pain. It doesn't look the same because touch-up paint is just touch-up paint and the factory paint has the nice clearcoat on top of it which really brings out the smoothness and the shine. My stuff is coming soon so I will post pictures of the before, the after, and the progress but here is what I think I am going to do:

1.) Fill in the scratch with Bondo and let it dry.
2.) Apply at least one coat of paint primer to the Bondo.
3.) Apply several coats of touch-up paint with a thin paintbrush.
4.) Sand down the filled-in paint with gentle sand-paper for a smooth finish.
5.) Apply several coats of clear-coat paint.
6.) Wash and wash the area.

This is a good procedure but the execution always turns out crappy anyways. :-(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts