Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, my tires are fine. So no Funny replies about how i need to put air in my tires ect.

When i start my car my TPMS light with come on. It dosnt flash, it just stays lit. After a little drive though, it turns off, sometimes. Other times it wont come on when i start my car but will pop on hile im driving.

Any ideas?

Im taking it to the dealer ship for other reasons tomarow after work so it it kinda works out.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I have the same problem, I just usually write it off. Anyways I am interested in what they have to say so make sure to reply back after you hear from them!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that makes sence...but its been at least 90 out for the last few weeks and really dry.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
that makes sence...but its been at least 90 out for the last few weeks and really dry.
I don't know where i read it...nasioc maybe, but some conjecture that the ambient moisture in the air in your tires is enough to foul you tpms sensors and make them malfunction

Some suggest that using nitrogen to fill your tires has less moisture and is less likely to mess with the sensors.

I had nitrogen in the tires when I bought the car and I haven't had any issues...although this could be a coincidence.

Many claim nitrogen in tires is a money making gimmick and not necessary at all with no benefits whatsoever.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have the same issue in my car and it doesn't always happen. It will be on and go off after awhile. I haven't checked my spare but I just ignore it. When the tires get warm the pressures increase and turn the light off (maybe).

·
Registered
273 Posts
maybe faulty or if you swaped out the rims, mine did that for a while because the swaped my bbs for ones off a WRB STi and had to get it fixed. Best way take it bake to the dealership

1 - 8 of 8 Posts