Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'll be running a bigger size tire, the pressure should be up or down, I doubt it'll be the same PSI so therefore the stock MS light would be on anyway right? Where do i reset the amount if i could?

I don't really care for the light but just want to know ..

·
Registered
700 Posts
the sensor is in the rims and you'll need to have it put into the new rims if you dont want the light on. but tire pressure is tire pressure. i have mine at 40 psi cuz i like to stiffen the sidewalls up a lil bit

·
Registered
954 Posts
you can adjust the sensor reading? :eek:
i dont think you can, but with the 18's and looooow tires, id personally run a fair amount of pressure, maybe like 38-40 to protect the rims a lil. i run 38f/36r with my 215/50 17's and have zero issues with my light. i believe the light comes on around 30psi

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Given that the overwhelming vast majority of blow-outs are a result of low-tire pressure rather than high tire pressure, I can definitely see them having the light come on primarily at low pressure. Most tires are built to handle well over 50psi safely, though I wouldn't recommend going TOO high for the sake of your tire wear.

·
Registered
954 Posts
they should be at the same pressure for daily driving. racing pressure varies greatly between tires.
Your saying a 16" tire and 18" should be set the same? O.O
should be close cause the volume inside the tire is what really dictates pressure. i know on my jeep with 32x11.50 tires, i would run around 27-28 psi and it felt like 34 psi did on the stock size tires. since the volume inside the tire wont change an incredible amount goin from factory size to 17's or 18's, start then around 32-34 and than adjust as needed

·
Registered
954 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts