Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how does the T/C effect your driving when racing? I imagine for my best times I'd want to turn it off for drag runs, is this true? it's great for driving in the snow and ice but when I first test drove the car it was acting f-ing nuts until I shut it off as I wasn't used to a car trying to tell me how to drive. how does it effect you? do you find yourself shutting it off all the time? can you set it to default off? how does the car behave without it in severe turning ect? is it like having open diffs?

·
Registered
421 Posts
yeah its better to turn off traction ctrl for drag racing. The car would lose power if it was trying to keep ur car in a straight line.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
yep, when the tire grip to much the power is cut to prevent loss of traction so it will affect for drag racing, but for other use i love the VDC so far, its really working well and not so intrusive

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't even notice it. With all of the black ice on the roads around here right now, I'd prefer just to leave it on!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Like with many things, it is a double edged sword. It really helps for going around turns, but it hinders in straight line accel. So, weigh the options and drive how you like. I don't think that there is a way to default it off.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Every day driving I just leave it on. A little sense of security. When I want to play I just turn it off and go. I used to have a Trans Am that had it and I would have to turn it off to have fun in it too, no problem getting back into that habit for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts