Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one else having a problem going ito first when its cold i can understand its a tad hard when we first got it, but now after warmed up and fully stopped first gear is really notchy, any one elses trans feel that way we also have the factory subi short shifter is this thing have adjsutments on it or is this trans all internal rail shifters thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Generally speaking, all wrx 5-speeds (and subaru transmissions in general.....) have a hard/notchy 1st gear; all my WRX's have......... Go easy on it and you will figure out when it wants to go in.....let the car tell you what it wants to do :) IMO, the sort shifter only makes the tranny more notchy and less smooth. I have had one on past WRX's and ended up taking it off both times, with it shifter easier and smoother after taking the short shifter off. The best thing that has helped shifting for me was the upgraded "STi" tranny mount from Subaru and shifter bushings from Kartboy.com

·
Registered
359 Posts
I too have had some issues going into first gear. I just take her easy. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
i as well have this problem, ive figured it out though, let your foot off the brake so you roll back a tidbit and then try to go into first, woerks everytime for me. problemo solved!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I thought i had a small problem like that when i first got the car, untill one morning it wouldnt shift at all. Turns out my presure plate was bent, had f**ked up syncros, pilot bearing was shot. Thank god for powertrain warentys.

Then the next week after i got my car back my throughout bearing was sqeeling like a pig.

So far its all good now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts