Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am in the process of installing a Pioneer avic-z2. I have found the wiring harness needed but I don't know where to locate the vss wire and back up wire for are cars. I have the premium package and someone on nasioc was saying it may be in the oem harness to the 6 disk changer. can anyone confirm this or no where I can locate them. Also Will i need to wire the parking brake wire? ??? ???

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I remember reading a looooong thread about this on NASIOC. Maybe the same one you saw?

That guy got his AVIC to work including steering wheel controls etc. I think I PM'd him a few time with some questions. I'm sure he would be a big help if you asked.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thats the one ive been looking at. I just found this one from here http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=1172.0 and in the list it shows "Speed Sense GRAY/YELLOW (AC) AT ECM MODULE BEHIND PASSENGER SIDE OF DASH " I wonder if this is the VSS. Would really like to get all features out of it since i just spent a lot. I guess if you dont hook it up you lose all the cool digital gauge capabilities. :(

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Yah that would suck. Hope you can make it work because I'm sure a ton of people have the same problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts