Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting boost spike with the cobb stg 2. I talked to a one of the guys from cobb this last weekend at subie fest. ;D he told me i would have to email them and they would send me a custom tuned map, but before i went thru the trouble of that, i would like to try the perrin maps. Anyone willing to share, I would really appreciate it. I've heard people enjoy their maps much more.

·
Registered
169 Posts
What mods do you have? Is the cobb map not an appropriate map for the mods you do have? I think I would try to figure out why I was getting boost spike, if you are indeed getting boost spike, before I tried a more aggressive map/tune.

·
Registered
700 Posts
did you search the cobb or NASIOC forums? there is detailed discussions about how to solve this. i had the same issue. i would post up the link but being sorta lazy. boost spikes = bad!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
The most common fix would be, yes to get the AP tune from Perrin version 3 I think (oh yeah Perrin maps are much more aggressive much more boost 17psi vs 15 and 300tq with 225hp). A couple of us here share them. I have an STi so I unfortunately can't help you. Left Coast WRX was real nice with this. ;)
Another solution would be to update teh AP to the version 1.01 I don't knwo if you have done this already.
Lastly, you might want to adjust the wastegate arm yourself. counterclockwise will decrease the boost and fix the spiking.

Also note sxhmidog, stage 2 is TBE (catted downpipe with cat back exhaust) with otherwise stock intake

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have cobbs 3 inch catted dp, and 3' custom cat back. other than that its stock as far asunder the hood. I've talked to a few other guys and tried even doubling up or running the reflash and the realtime over eachother, checked my vacuum lines and still the same thing. I'll try NAISOC and I beleive I have the updated version already. Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. Again I appreciate the help :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last time I talked to cobb I had the latest version. Needless to say, I've updated and so far so good!!!!!! ;D A/F's, DAM everythings all good> Thanks guys! Still want to try the Perrin maps if anyone would'nt. Would love to feel the difference I've only been able to read about between the 2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts