Subaru WRX Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Hi there!

I was wondering what ur opinions are on the racer x tmic and what made you chosse that one over otheres?

I am a stage 2 plus Cobb sf , my tuner told me about the racer x fmic today n said I would be able to keep my Cobb sf.

I am also considering the perrin fmic, do you know anything on that one?
I wanted to be able to keep my K&N, not cut the bumper up, and keep the crash beam. With that comes many hardships with the install. The performance of the racer X is wonderful, Eric was nice enough to provide a custom tune after the install because I saw a pressure drop. It holds boost well and overall the car runs smoother with it. The install SUCKED. I think a couple of the pipes on the cold side are either more designed for a legacy or they are just a hair short ( 1/2" to 1" short). I know Bryan shortened the throttle body pipe to make clearance for a master cylinder brace, I would say this was a mistake. The pipe is too short and barely meets with the pipe that connects near driver side of the radiator. I had to permanently remove my master cylinder brace and replace the supplied TB coupler with an AVO throttle body pipe to even get the pipes to line up. It is a very tight fit in the car and it has many contact points with the body. You don't notice some of these contact points until you physically tighten down the crash beam and it snugs the inter cooler against the frame. I started the install on a Friday night, by the time I was done with fitment issues and leak testing it was Sunday afternoon. Granted I did it on my own, but I would still clear your schedule.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
I cant recall the which fuse number, it was awhile ago. I would say just look at the image I have on page 1 and go by that. I have never had any issue with the gauge since the install so it works beautifully.

You can buy those fuse piggyback/bridge things at any autoparts store. They are $7-12 each, you will need two. There are two different sizes you can buy, If I remember i used the larger of the two. They are frequently sold out so you may need to hit up two parts stores to find two.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Added a grill craft hood scoop grill over the weekend and put the stockers back on which are mounted with HANKOOK ICEBEARS

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Bought a new toy last week. I was kicking around the idea of building the WRX, but I ultimately decided to get something that can handle the power better.

So here goes.....EVO IX Electric Blue Pearl GSR SSL (sun, sound, leather). Super rare car. It was a royal pain finding one. Evo 9 shopping is not like STI shopping.

It is nearly stock. It has a turbo XS catless turboback exhaust and brand new exedy clutch / act flywheel.

Interior is mint, body is nearly mint. The owner provided me with some new aftermarket parts still in the box [upper and lower IC piping, and ETS intake]

I already ordered wheels, ETS FMIC core, walboro pump, GS EBCS, and full Gold Service kit with Gates belts. I plan to get it tuned in the next few weeks, looking for over 350whp.

Its a sweet ride though, so different than my '09.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Thanks! So far I love it.

I drove an X a few years ago, its much more refined compared to a IX. Definitely slower from the factory. Best way to describe the IX is a fast tank, everything is heavy duty feeling. You don't have drive train slop, there are no disconnects from driver to car.

Reactions: MercRising
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.