Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has removed the spoiler or know how easy itd be. i.e. holes to be filler. Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
well my dealer is putting on a spoiler for me
and they said they have to drill holes
so there should be holes in your trunk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Let's swap, I just sent you a message....

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
yes, holes need to be filled and trunk at least partially repainted. I'd definitely go for a swap. Do you guys both have sedans?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes sir....If you're still interested let me know

·
Registered
916 Posts
looking for a individual with a SILVER sedan without a wing. i have a wing on mine and im looking to get rid of it. im in maine, so anyone in new englad area wanna trade?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey, I'm bumping this thread because I would like to trade trunks as well. I've got a WRB sedan with a spoiler, looking to go wingless. Any WRB sedans out there without a spoiler who wants one?

Hit me up.....

·
Registered
916 Posts
hahaha. ive never heard that one. but thanks!

because the question was asked above, let me help out with an answer.... to be legal youre going to want to do more then just swap the trunk lids..

to make it so you arnt left with zero third brake lights, and the other car to have two third brake lights. you must swap the interior trunk deck peice also. its a direct swap, and the wiring is already there for the third brake light. take your time the interior comes apart easy lots of clips, some screws.

keep in mind also that you are going to need to swap the torsion bar (springs) that assist the lift of the trunk. if not they will be way to strong for new non-winged trunk lid. its going to double as a catapult, and the other guys trunk wont stay open.

if anyone is doing this in the northern new england area im willing to come help for some gas money. i even have a tool to help with the PITA torsion bars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts