Subaru WRX Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start off by saying I have the Perrin Stage 1 91oct if you guys want it. PM
I also have the 91 oct MT for WRX RalliTek, thanks to Left Coast WRX.

Thanks. Hopefully start up a tune share topic. ;D

Please differentiate Company - Stage or tuned for... - Oct - WRX or STi - MT AT (for WRX)

Apologize if there is a place for this already. Please link if there is

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would love it if someone could share a Perin stage 2 with CAI 91 oct. map. :) I have a 91 oct perrin stage 1 map if anyone wants it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a perrin stage 1 map 93oct , looking to get a perrin stage 2 map 93 oct pm me

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
::OFF TOPIC:: I love that illustration, I'm totally stealing it!! ;D

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have a quick question and it may sound kinda newb. But anyways why does everyone share there maps if you could just download them off of the cobb website fore free?? Is there any thing different about the ones you guys are sending to each other? Im really confused

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a quick question and it may sound kinda newb. But anyways why does everyone share there maps if you could just download them off of the cobb website fore free?? Is there any thing different about the ones you guys are sending to each other? Im really confused
Only the COBB OTS maps are free. Perrin charges extra, along with other vendors unless you bought the AP from them. We are just trying to make them more available so that you can pick one according to your personal preference. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
anyone have any opensource staged upgrades????thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Can't you use any of these maps opensource?

Rom files are rom files, or am I wrong?

AP is just a way to flash them without a laptop...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Can't you use any of these maps opensource?

Rom files are rom files, or am I wrong?

AP is just a way to flash them without a laptop...
I am about 95% sure that they are coded for use with the AP. For Example ATR will only tune Cobb maps. You cannot open a Perrin map in ATR unless someone a tuner at Perrin saves it so ATR can read it.

I am pretty sure that opensource and the AP are two totally different items.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Well, it looks like this thread could be updated. I think we are going to need to post YEARS of the car...2008 or 2009 WRXs are different. Be sure to post -what- you have before you use it.

joneSi

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Am I the only one that see's this thread as unethical and illegal and could end this websites existence with a lawsuit from a tuner.
Sharing your own tuned maps is totally different from sharing a paid for map. You guys can do what you want through PM's but I think this thread could cause problems. Legally.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Am I the only one that see's this thread as unethical and illegal and could end this websites existence with a lawsuit from a tuner.
Sharing your own tuned maps is totally different from sharing a paid for map. You guys can do what you want through PM's but I think this thread could cause problems. Legally.

i agree.. it could cause problems.. i mean, my point of view is that since you paid for the map then it should be yours to do whatever you want with it.. but im sure the people making the money off of them see things a bit differently :p

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.