Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm planning on purchasing a used 09 wrx on Saturday and I finally got pictures of the car today.
There is a decal reading "tuned by SPT", but I can't for the life of me figure out whether or not the SPT catback is indeed on the car.
It seems that the grill is the sport mesh grill that comes with the SPT package - can anyone help me out here?

Thanks for your help guys.

Will

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not to state the overly obvious but it would help if you had a picture of the exhaust.

·
Registered
905 Posts
well it doesnt look stock, unless it has tips... but it looks like a much wider opening then the little stock pipe

·
Registered
905 Posts
check out how small my stock outlet mouths are

·
Registered
66 Posts
it's hard to tell from pic.. I agree outlet look bigger than stock exhaust.

Is this a Subaru dealer? If it's an SPT package I'd guess it would have a SPT CBE.
Why not ask the dealer if there's a stock exhaust or SPT?
or better yet.. ask them to send you a pic of the rear bumper/exhaust area. Then you can figure it for your self. (check their website also for more pics of car if possible).

·
Registered
905 Posts
btw i didnt know subaru offered an SPT tuned version...thats pretty cool, i wonder how much they got out of the tune

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like spt exhaust to me! thats what i have on mine
Excellent, hope you're right.

btw i didnt know subaru offered an SPT tuned version...thats pretty cool, i wonder how much they got out of the tune
Not entirely sure they even tuned the car, only thing I know is that the spt package which comes with the sport mesh grill & cbe. So unless the previous owner decided to opt for a decal and the grill only, I think I'm in luck!

it's hard to tell from pic.. I agree outlet look bigger than stock exhaust.

Is this a Subaru dealer? If it's an SPT package I'd guess it would have a SPT CBE.
Why not ask the dealer if there's a stock exhaust or SPT?
or better yet.. ask them to send you a pic of the rear bumper/exhaust area. Then you can figure it for your self. (check their website also for more pics of car if possible).
Yes, it's a dealer - but again, it's used. The dealer is clueless, they JUST got in the car via trade-in when I called them about it and have absolutely no idea what they're selling. More pictures are a possibility, I'll ask when they're back from lunch.

On a side note, free short shifter 8)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Not entirely sure they even tuned the car, only thing I know is that the spt package which comes with the sport mesh grill & cbe. So unless the previous owner decided to opt for a decal and the grill only, I think I'm in luck!
I bought mine with the same package. Thats not the mesh grill, thats the standard grill for 09. And they don't tune, Tune= sticker that came with the CBE. Good choice in color though :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought mine with the same package. Thats not the mesh grill, thats the standard grill for 09. And they don't tune, Tune= sticker that came with the CBE. Good choice in color though :)
Ahh thanks for the clarification bro. Hopefully the previous owner didn't get his hands on just the sticker then :). SWP all day, waited four months for it!

·
Registered
490 Posts
just an idea but why dont you call the dealership and ask them if it has the SPT exhaust on it...? im sure they can answer any questions you might have about the car or ask them to take a picture of the exhaust and then post it up on this post for us so we can get a better look. GL with the buy

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just an idea but why dont you call the dealership and ask them if it has the SPT exhaust on it...? im sure they can answer any questions you might have about the car or ask them to take a picture of the exhaust and then post it up on this post for us so we can get a better look. GL with the buy
Waiting on them to get back from lunch. Seems that's the most viable option at this point - thanks!

·
Registered
905 Posts
yeah thats not the sport mesh haha.

but tune = sticker......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats good for 5-7hp at least!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
That sticker only comes with the SPT exhaust that comes installed on the car. If you buy the SPT exhaust aftermarket you cant get that sticker. I had the sticker on my car when I bought it. Since the car came from the docks with the SPT exhaust on it the sticker was provided. I had a shopping cart destroy my corner panel and needed it repaired and painted. They took the sticker off to due so. The dealership could not locate another sticker for the car. So just to let you know that the sticker is a real one from the factory not added on after the car was purchased.

·
Registered
905 Posts
seems like there is extra pin-striping too, no? maybe im seeing things

·
Registered
493 Posts
on the first pic by the exhaust it looks like u have the SPT exhaust, does she rumble with sound when u start it? If she rumbles you have SPT if you hear nothing but the engine when the car is running it's stock exhaust.

oh ya, take off those pinstrips!! :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The general consensus seems to be that is is in fact an SPT CBE. The dealership has absolutely no idea, my salesman asked me what the sticker was for.
I'm getting the pin stripes removed asap - they're hideous.

Thanks again for all the input guys!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Ahh thanks for the clarification bro. Hopefully the previous owner didn't get his hands on just the sticker then :). SWP all day, waited four months for it!
No problem, enjoy the car!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts