Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - long time no see... Trying to find a job, so I don't have a lot of money to spend on the car...

Anyway, a friend has an 06 STI which he modded out the wazoo. He replaced the turbo and got a fmic (along with almost everything else except for the interior); he has the stock sti parts sitting in his garage and asked me if I wanted them. I told him I probably couldn't use them, but thought I'd ask the gurus anyway. I know I'd need up and down pipes, as well as engine management for the turbo... My question is, do you think it would work without significant problems (at only around 4 psi), and would it be prohibitively expensive?

Thanks for your input (and yes, 'no you shouldn't try it' or whatever is a fine answer).

·
Registered
954 Posts
dont waste your time

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
oh, for a moment, I thought you had a turbo model. With no $ and no time, passing it up is the way...... unless......... he really is giving you the stuff, then you can sell them on NASIOC to make some $. 02-07WRX folks still look for these items.

·
Registered
954 Posts
oh, for a moment, I thought you had a turbo model. With no $ and no time, passing it up is the way...... unless......... he really is giving you the stuff, then you can sell them on NASIOC to make some $. 02-07WRX folks still look for these items.
lol +1 you could make a few extra bucks like that and than buy some parts that fit your car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts