Subaru WRX Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Yeah that's true. What numbers u think would be safe. Around 350 ish.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Marcos had a cracked ringland with his HTA68 at about those power levels (350whp). Anything less is about stage 2, and like I said previously some of those have blown up. The bottom line is you should be ready, in case anything happens, to build the motor if you go with a turbo upgrade.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Yeah. Man lol im getting nervous lol wich way to go. Got to really think this over.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
If you are debating bolting on a bigger turbo or not........DONT. Because something will go wrong; we've got seven motor builds going right now and they range from stock to 450+ whp twin scroll setups. I'd take said money and invest into bushings, sways, endlinks...anything to help the car handle better, ride smoother etc...which in turn will make it faster. Obviously your straight line speed won't change much if at all but then again how often are we just driving straight.

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
if i were in your shoes and based on your history and replies in this thread, i'd smile happily at that refund as it goes into savings while only using a portion of the monies intended for a potential turbo setup on other very enjoyable mods to my vehicle. i really think it makes the most sense for you given what you've shared with the community.

nonetheless, good luck with whatever you decide to do!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Yeah good points. I think I will do a vf52, sways, endlinks, fuel pump. And carbonfiber hood. Then save up and do a built motor. Do it right the first time. Thanks guys for the advice.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I def got some good insight on my 3G as well as Scuby on here. Just curious what you ended up doing for your upgrade.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I know this is an old thread but I def got some good insight on my 3G as well as Scuby on here. Just curious what you ended up doing for your upgrade.
Are u talking to me? IF So I went vf52. Walbro 255. Id 1000. Ewg set up. Catless dp. And a dyno tune from motion labs. Hitting 365 whp 432 wtq ;) its fun lol

Reactions: Hoonigan808

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
holy ballz batman!! Really on the vf52? are you on E85 as well?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
That is "the highest powered vf evAr" on any fuel available in the worldsies.... where is the dyno sheet with CF or logs to back up these claims? There is no way you are at even 400wtq with pump gas, let alone stock manifolds etc...

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Here is the dyno. It might be a little off. But the first pull was with Eric's map still very strong. And im slso speed density tuned. :) even if its still off a bit on that dyno. I say 5-10% high. But I dont know. Lol. All I can say is I can get it loose in 2nd somr times lol. Plus it was tuned in 4th since its closest to 1to1. I ran a stage 2 evo. I pulled 4 cars on him and still was pulling.

Attachments

Reactions: Hoonigan808

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
did you go with the 1000c fuel injec because you knew you were going to go with E85?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
So overall the choice to go with the Vf52 was adequate? Just asking because I'm looking to do the same. I was highly impressed with your dyno results.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
So overall the choice to go with the Vf52 was adequate? Just asking because I'm looking to do the same. I was highly impressed with your dyno results.
Where are you located second what are your goals I'm more than happy with it right now eventually I'm going to do more but for daily driving its more than enough remember that's Dyno might be a little high. 5-10%

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
edited even though this post is old:

I'm in Texas now forever. My power goals are to reach 400whp without going to a fmic. I'm assuming from this old thread that the vf52 "could" handle that type of power?

61 - 77 of 77 Posts