Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a turbo-kit that would work on the base Impreza? And if not, would naturally aspirated be better for the car? Also, how would I go about doing that? Any help is greatly appreciated. I don't really know to much about fixing up cars and whatnot. So, if there's someone that could maybe walk me through it, when parts are available, that would be AWESOME! Thanks for all the help so far.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Well, pound for pound you cannot outpace the gains from a turbo. There are ups and downs to both NA and FI. NA will not produce that same numbers but you will have no lag and your power will always be available. FI will see large gains but you can have lag.

The difference between the WRX and the Impreza is not only the turbo but the WRX does have DOHC and the Impreza is SOHC. There is a section on the forum that goes over how to get power out of an NA.

http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?board=38.0

·
Registered
519 Posts
I am with coop. If you have some big dollars engine internals would liven that car up. But exhaust, intake, suspension.

Seth

·
Registered
498 Posts
This is what I did with my '02 2.5rs...

Cold Air Intake
Bruellen(way to loud) exhaust. Any good free flow exhaust would do. If I were to do it again, I probably would have found some headers also.
Lightweight pulley
This wasn't much, but the Butt Dyno said it did some good.

I also added a STI Sway bar and Kartboy Endlinks. The I bought a set of '99 RS rims(slightly wider) and put some Summer Khumos on them. It wasn't the fastest but I sure irratated a bunch of WRXs on the Autocross track. I actually drove it better than my '03 Wrx with many of the same mods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts