1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
30 Posts
A turbo timer is a turbo timer. At least from the major companies. They all do the same function. I would however tell you not to order from ebay. There's been a number of complaints about fake electronic parts. GReddy and Apex knockoffs are all over the place. I'll PM you as far as pricing, but you aren't looking at much more for a GReddy one. You don't have to worry about knock offs cause their warehouse is a stone's throw away from me :p

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will ask my local speed shop for a quote, my friend work there and can give me good price... but with the canadian dollard taking half a cent a day im more temps to buy in the US

today 1$CAN = 1.09$US :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
If you do get the apexi turbo timer, i recommend you getting the black version. It blends in with the rest of the car better.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got the black apexi for 90$CAN

my friend had one brand new in stock for a while already and wanted to get right of it... dunno when i will have time to install it

·
Registered
273 Posts
yah i would lose the turbo timer, you can get it, but i would highly not recommend it.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here what its look like once installed, got the A'PEXi black edition

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Clean install, but I don't think thats where I would have put it. I like looking at my gadgets in the car so having to turn the head would be a lot safer than having to look down at the shift boot.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Clean install, but I don't think thats where I would have put it. I like looking at my gadgets in the car so having to turn the head would be a lot safer than having to look down at the shift boot.
That the whole point why i put it there, its a timer so i dont have to look at it when i drive, and i thought its subtile near the shifter, not on the way at all

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am trying to find harnesses for it for the install.. What did you do for the install? or did you just make up the wires?

I have the Silver one sitting in my lap just dying to come out of the box.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its not so complicated, but i havent hook up the O2 sensor on the ECU yet, but all the other features work great

So basicaly you have to plug a wire on the hand brake (GRAY), a ground (BLACK)

If you dont have the harness you will need to plug those 3 directlu: RED (constant 12V+) GREEN (Ignition 1) BLUE (Ignition 2)

I should have remember which colors the 3 wire that i taps myself into were... but as a car audio worker, i know my way around remote starter and alarm so it was easy

if you do plug the O2 (i didnt cause of the lack of info on the ECU, the dealer cannot confirm me which wire is the O2 and i didnt want to mess anything around the ECU) so if you plug it the WHITE wire will be the O2 sensor signal and the Ground (BLACK) should also be plug on the ECU Ground

·
Registered
421 Posts
Its not so complicated, but i havent hook up the O2 sensor on the ECU yet, but all the other features work great

So basicaly you have to plug a wire on the hand brake (GRAY), a ground (BLACK)

If you dont have the harness you will need to plug those 3 directlu: RED (constant 12V+) GREEN (Ignition 1) BLUE (Ignition 2)

I should have remember which colors the 3 wire that i taps myself into were... but as a car audio worker, i know my way around remote starter and alarm so it was easy

if you do plug the O2 (i didnt cause of the lack of info on the ECU, the dealer cannot confirm me which wire is the O2 and i didnt want to mess anything around the ECU) so if you plug it the WHITE wire will be the O2 sensor signal and the Ground (BLACK) should also be plug on the ECU Ground
just hire courteau to do it for u...

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
You know, I still to this day do not know what the hell a Turbo timer does. I have owned two turbo cars and still don't know. Would someone please educate me on this. Is it to keep the cooling running to cool the turbo?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its basicaly a timer that lets your car engine on for a certain amount of time after you take out your key, like 1min or 1m30 ect...

so you can floor you car on the way home, park get out and let the car cool down a bit before turning off

mine also give the voltage, which i find quite useful and i dont have to buy a meter for it

·
Registered
717 Posts
Clean install Courteau !

·
Registered
9 Posts
I thought that turbo timers are not necessary in our cars because the turbos are water cooled so there is still cooling action taking place even after the engine is shut off. I read somewhere that they were only really necessary back in the old days when turbos were only oil cooled and the oil would bake at hot spots within the turbo blocking the oil lines in the turbo itself if the turbo wasn't cooled properly before the oil pump shut off. I could be wrong...clean looking install tho!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've got a problem with my turbo timer.

It seems that it caused the eng check light, VSD off and Cruise control Light flickering.

It happens when i turn off the car and the auto off gets activated

Can be fixed by restarting the engine 100000 times...

How did u overcome that?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like i said my O2 sensor wire is not plug, maybe its what causing the problem for you

when i turn off the car the countdown start from 1min.. when it reach zero it stop and that it !

1 - 20 of 43 Posts