Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any plans to upgrade their turbo? I was looking at the AVO 380 on rallitek.com's website. It looks like something that is very streetable with good power.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Consider the VF series of turbo.. if i'm not wrong VF 40 is large enough and yet streetable, able to push 400+hp

·
Registered
752 Posts
I would like to have something like a GT30 or a 50 trim in the near future.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking that 400whp is too much. I would like to keep it right around 300-350whp. Anything really above that then it just becomes a pain to drive, plus I want as little turbo lag as possible.

·
Registered
752 Posts
400whp too much? you can never have too much hp, lol.
As long as you stay in vacuum during daily driving, you wont have to deal with the hp.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, Just personal preference I suppose. I will probably want more once I get to that point anyway.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
depend if you consider you car a daily drivrer, a 400hp IS more a pain to drive than stock, yes its fun but it come with downside... and will require more maintenance and be less reliable

·
Registered
273 Posts
yah i am going to have to go with that one as well 350-375, does you just fine, but i am all about at the wheels....

·
Registered
44 Posts
i just got a legacy turbo with a 18g wheel in it im just waiting for some sort of engine managment to come out i have a stock pile of stuff ready to void the warranty. its a deadbolt turbo and it sure looks like it will bolt right up. its a ihi vf40 with an 18g wheel check out the legacy sites there making a nice amount of power on vf40's

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
if its the legacy turbo and it works out well, I may ask subaru about doing it for me so it doesn't void a warranty.. will be interesting to see more numbers after tuning these.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone have any knowledge of the VF35 turbo? I have seen it pushing 320 whp with CAI and exhaust and retune. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i just got a legacy turbo with a 18g wheel in it im just waiting for some sort of engine managment to come out i have a stock pile of stuff ready to void the warranty. its a deadbolt turbo and it sure looks like it will bolt right up. its a ihi vf40 with an 18g wheel check out the legacy sites there making a nice amount of power on vf40's
Why dont you just run with a flash?? I have a buddy with a 35r on his sti runnung a flash and hes doing 518 at thr wheels and driving it daily is easy i drove it and it seems stock till you mash on it. And i had a 3071R on my evo doing 407 to the wheels and used a flash it ran perfect and perfect for a daily also .

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm interested in seeing a dyno plot for the 380. Any chance you have one for a 08 wrx
my ideal turbo would be one that has close to stock spool but doesn't run out of breath at higher rpm's

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think that Rallitek has a map on their Turbo section of the forum... It looks like a pretty good all around turbo.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Here is a dyno sheet w/380 vs. 05 LegacyGT. (Engines are the same, LGT runs larger VF40 turbo stock)

2008 WRX will have the same #s when using our '380' turbo. Base will be less HP with torque coming on a few hundred rpm earlier due to the smaller turbo on WRX. Dyno chart is pump gas 91 octane only.

Thanks!

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

1 - 20 of 54 Posts