Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called these guys up today just out of curiosity... see if they did any 18G/20G work on the VF40.

Got some dude... gosh I can't even begin to describe his accent, but it was goofy, bordering on a cross between sweedish and deep southern hick.

Anyway... he swore up and down that the VF40 is not rebuildable because it's a ball-bearing unit and they don't make ball bearing kits. Whatever... we know Blouch can. Too bad Blouch's hours are so limited... til 4:30 pm EST (sucks when you're in PST).

Oh... and I asked about turbos for our cars (and the Legacy) and got some bit about, "yeah man, those turbos won't fit the legacy, we ran into that problem a while ago. Some part didn't fit; I don't remember which one." Uhhhh, okay, thanks, bye. *click*

Just had to post and vent a bit. :)

Rob

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Well I had a friend rebuild his VF40 with an 18G wheel from Blouch. Blouch told him it wasn't a good idea, since they aren't supposed to be rebuilt, so he did it anyways. He got about 150 miles on the car before the turbo took a crap on him, and he was pissed at Blouch for "destroying his turbo. So my suggestion is save your money for a solid turbo.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I called these guys up today just out of curiosity... see if they did any 18G/20G work on the VF40.

Got some dude... gosh I can't even begin to describe his accent, but it was goofy, bordering on a cross between sweedish and deep southern hick.

Anyway... he swore up and down that the VF40 is not rebuildable because it's a ball-bearing unit and they don't make ball bearing kits. Whatever... we know Blouch can. Too bad Blouch's hours are so limited... til 4:30 pm EST (sucks when you're in PST).

Oh... and I asked about turbos for our cars (and the Legacy) and got some bit about, "yeah man, those turbos won't fit the legacy, we ran into that problem a while ago. Some part didn't fit; I don't remember which one." Uhhhh, okay, thanks, bye. *click*

Just had to post and vent a bit. :)

Rob

It was probably Liam Neeson

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Liam Neeson is Irish, not Swedish.

Remember "Larry" of "Larry, Darryl and Darryl" (Newhart)? Imagine him with a Swedish accent.

Rob

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Liam Neeson is Irish, not Swedish.

Remember "Larry" of "Larry, Darryl and Darryl" (Newhart)? Imagine him with a Swedish accent.

Rob
right, but his accent is weird and doesn't sound like a typical irish accent. I guess I just have no idea how a swedish deep southern hick sounds really, I can't imagine it. It's like oil and water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts