Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - my WRX 2014 is less than 5 months old. I live in Maryland and as you know, we've been pelted by snow on a regular basis. Of course, how can you resist having fun in these conditions?? Unfortunately, I noticed I now have a crack on my front spoiler(?) and it's just getting worse. Now what to do?? Will a body shop be able to mend this fairly easily??
IMG_1573.JPG

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
clean the crack and crazy glue the hell outta the crack. it should hold for a while.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, went to a body shop where a guy has done work for me previously, fixing a front spoiler that was cracked up on my custom van (and of course, no longer in production) where he did a great job. He removed the entire front end piece, epoxied the crack and let that dry. Then he epoxied a fiber glass mesh behind the spoiler where the crack was at. Sanded and primed the area, did a light sand over the entire front piece, painted the previously cracked area, and clear coated the entire front end. Looks good as new!! Oh, and while he was at it, replaced the front fender badges with the black limited versions - looks real sharp, will have pics up soon.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ok, went to a body shop where a guy has done work for me previously, fixing a front spoiler that was cracked up on my custom van (and of course, no longer in production) where he did a great job. He removed the entire front end piece, epoxied the crack and let that dry. Then he epoxied a fiber glass mesh behind the spoiler where the crack was at. Sanded and primed the area, did a light sand over the entire front piece, painted the previously cracked area, and clear coated the entire front end. Looks good as new!! Oh, and while he was at it, replaced the front fender badges with the black limited versions - looks real sharp, will have pics up soon.
Very nice. I would have left the paint as is on the outside but done the same exact thing on the inside as he did to keep it from getting worse. I'd like to see how well of a job he did on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts