Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was putting my front license plate delete on and when i moved the car i noticed an oil puddle under the car. I just got my oil changed last week and i've been smelling burning oil all week. I'm going to the dealership in the morning but i'm wondering if maybe the filter or the oil plug may just be loose but it's a good amount of oil

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
normally oil changes at the dealer are made by teens who work there part time and don't know shit 'bout the cars well at my local dealer they are and they were at the Mazda dealer, so it probably was done in a moron way!! check yourself then go to the dealer (make sure there is enough oil in it)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I checked the stick before i went to play basketball and it was damn near bone dry. SO something didn't get put on right because there's no reason to lose 5 qts of oil in a week

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yeah, somebody F'ed up............Pull the cover off anc check that shit. Thank Subaru for making oil changes on the car a breeze!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i took it to the dealership today there was something wrong with the gasket on the oil plug. Swapped it out topped it off. We're good now.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
nice to hear everything is okay :D

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
"something wrong with the gasket" = "the idiot who did your oil change didn't replace the washer"

do your own oil changes. cheaper, faster, safer. if some zitface 15 year old can do it, you can do it.

use amsoil or something fully synthetic like that for the best results.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
"something wrong with the gasket" = "the idiot who did your oil change didn't replace the washer"

do your own oil changes. cheaper, faster, safer. if some zitface 15 year old can do it, you can do it.

use amsoil or something fully synthetic like that for the best results.
be careful when getting "fully synthetic". Not all are made the same or protect/lubricate the same.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
well for example, valvoline is actually a mix of real synthetic and dinosaur oil, but they market it as synthetic

but amsoil is great and I've never had any problems with it. I've even gone past the recommended mileage and when I went to do an oil change finally, the stuff coming out was still in good condition

you can research all the info yourself, but basically I think it's probably the best stuff you can put in your car

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dealership here offers Motul Full synthetic

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've changed my oil twice now, haven't replaced the crush washer yet. The tech either forgot to put it on, didn't tighten it enough, or more likely overtightened and broke it. If the service was done properly you would not have a leak.

Oh, and I suggest German Castrol which is a 0w30 true synthetic. Its much less expensive than Amsoil SSO 0w30 and does a fantastic job in both cold/hot climates.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I change my oil most of the time myself but i decided that i'd like to keep a running service record with the dealership with this car. In a way i'd like to try and keep my warranty. The dealership ere will actually purchase and install aftermarket parts. SO i'm trying to keep on their good side.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
as for synth oil I use Mobile 0w30 in my 08 and used it in my mazda before never had any problem it's great in winter and in dry hot weather (OMG it just started hailing)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i loved AMSOIL but the closest vendor is 2 hours away and i don't wanna have to ship oil every few months

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
well for example, valvoline is actually a mix of real synthetic and dinosaur oil, but they market it as synthetic

but amsoil is great and I've never had any problems with it. I've even gone past the recommended mileage and when I went to do an oil change finally, the stuff coming out was still in good condition

you can research all the info yourself, but basically I think it's probably the best stuff you can put in your car
yuup! Best to research, Amsoil & Motul are good..... Mobil 1 not as good as it used to be.
As DFv2 said, GC!!!! Easy to get and is a true synthetic (how synthetic motor oil used to be).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts