Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've finally found some time to play with our 08 WRX. This will be one of our final steps before going EWG'd and rotated.

As stated in the title, we've opted for an 18G as an intermediate step before going with big boys like the T3/T04S and GT35R.

What's interesting about this setup is the relative low cost - a good bang for the buck. Here are the details:

2008 Subaru WRX

- Ultimate Racing 3" High-Flow Catted Downpipe
- Ultimate Racing 3" Catback Exhaust (Resonated)
- Ultimate Racing Cold Air Intake
- Ultimate Racing Front Mount Intercooler
- Ultimate Racing EcuTEK tuned ECU
- Ultimate Racing Modified 18G Turbo Upgrade @ 14psi
- Stock Injectors
- Stock Fuel Pump

The gains for horsepower and torque are obvious. We were very pleased with this setup.

We will be offering this modified 18G complete, as well as the modifying service should you choose to purchase your own and send it in to us.

Up next we'll be testing our redesigned EWG Uppipe Kit (which btw will be compatible with older model WRX/STi as well) against the 18G's internal wastegate.

Comments?

Darryl

·
Registered
752 Posts
nice numbers.

is it spiking and then going down to 14 at redline?
is 14psi the limit with the stock injectors?
is the compressor wheel 40lb/min?
9psi actuator?
will you offer OTS Cobb AP maps?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice numbers.

is it spiking and then going down to 14 at redline?
is 14psi the limit with the stock injectors?
is the compressor wheel 40lb/min?
9psi actuator?
will you offer OTS Cobb AP maps?
- Very very slight spike. I'd say no more than 0.5psi. It's pretty much 14psi throughout.

- This horsepower seems to be the "safe" limit of the stock injectors.

- We don't know what Mitsubishi wheels are rated at. They don't release compressor maps. There are some that are floating around but none are 100% official.

- Yes, this is a 9psi actuator

- Sorry, we won't be offering any maps other than EcuTEK flashes.

Darryl

·
Registered
752 Posts
- We don't know what Mitsubishi wheels are rated at. They don't release compressor maps. There are some that are floating around but none are 100% official.
ok, i just noticed that it's the TD05.
i have heard that they have a 39lb wheel and the TD06 is the 40lb.

it's a nice turbo. i like the flange for the intercooler pipe. keep up the good work.
if you had this out a few months ago it would have made my life so much easier, lol.

·
Registered
646 Posts
on stock injectors and pump?!?! thats sick for an 18g...any ballpark numbers with upgraded injectors, say 650's or 750's and a walbro??

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have read that the 08 wrx shares the fuel system and injectors with the STi (according to harmon motive)

Truth?

·
Registered
646 Posts
ive heard that also, through i believe perrin but not certian

·
Registered
496 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts