Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have any experience with Ultimate Racing? saw their website (ultimate-racing.com) and realised they have a CAI kit avaliable, and am thinkin of bring a set for myself to my location.

I've never heard of Ultimate Racing from where i am thats why i wanna find out more about them.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I don't know anything about them, however be careful with CAI on a wrx. They ultimately can make the car run a bit lean/rich and a retune is necessary. Its not as just bolting it on.

*This is true for previous WRX's. are the '08's different, I doubt it.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Retune would be needed, but this only means you are getting the most out of your engine :) I'm sure most of us will be getting tuned if we haven't already. I personally am waiting till next spring when the snow starts melting.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
But Re-Tune = warranty problem ?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But Re-Tune = warranty problem ?
yeah well, my wrx is gonna be like my honda. warranty void after 3 mths of usage =)

anyway, there's solutions using open source softwares, that writes and reads your ECU. this way its almost undetectable.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Well, I ordered their CAI and exhaust. The CAI is almost a short ram, it is not that long of piping. I am really excited about getting these items installed. They also have downpipes with cats.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I ordered their CAI and exhaust. The CAI is almost a short ram, it is not that long of piping. I am really excited about getting these items installed. They also have downpipes with cats.
Nice. the problem is that i've never heard of their brand from where i'm am and i was wondering if you've any feedback on the company in general?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Well, I have never heard of them either, but there is not a blistering amount parts available yet. I will let you know how it looks when I get it installed. But, it is just piping and a muffler, so as long as the welds and piping are good, I won't complain. But, I compared both the AVO and Ultimate-Racing exhaust systems. They look similar, but the Ult-Racing one looks straighter and it comes without a resonator. They have articles that they have been in on their website. They look as though they know what they are doing.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I have never heard of them either, but there is not a blistering amount parts available yet. I will let you know how it looks when I get it installed. But, it is just piping and a muffler, so as long as the welds and piping are good, I won't complain. But, I compared both the AVO and Ultimate-Racing exhaust systems. They look similar, but the Ult-Racing one looks straighter and it comes without a resonator. They have articles that they have been in on their website. They look as though they know what they are doing.
haha nice. will wtch out for your report! i've found a local dealer carrying perrin products.. looks like the obvious choice for me now

·
Registered
752 Posts
I just ordered the CAI :)

I was trying to decide between the UR one or the Legacy GT K&N Typhoon. I went with UR because i don't think FMIC piping will work with the Typhoon.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
dunno, after reading around it seem like a bad idea to get a CAI right now for my car

·
Registered
752 Posts
i thought that too, but i have a WideBand and it tells me i am running rich. So if it does lean out my AFR, i will be able to see it. My AFR could use some leaning out anyways. I might test the Water/Meth after this mod.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
will see how it goes... think i will wait at least next summer before putting some "power" mods...

more product, more competition
more owner, more review and observation

i dont like to buy something twice

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys,

I was recently turned on to this forum by coopwrx. I myself have been looking for an 08 Subaru forum for quite some time. Good to finally find one.

Ultimate Racing is a performance manufacturing company based in Toronto, Canada. We've been in operation since 1991, and have been offering products for Subaru's since 2002. We are very well known in the Subaru world for our 02-07 WRX/STi rotated mount turbo kits. I'd go as far as saying we have the most popular large turbo upgrade kit on the market. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about our products and/or company.

Darryl

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hi guys,

I was recently turned on to this forum by coopwrx. I myself have been looking for an 08 Subaru forum for quite some time. Good to finally find one.

Ultimate Racing is a performance manufacturing company based in Toronto, Canada. We've been in operation since 1991, and have been offering products for Subaru's since 2002. We are very well known in the Subaru world for our 02-07 WRX/STi rotated mount turbo kits. I'd go as far as saying we have the most popular large turbo upgrade kit on the market. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about our products and/or company.

Darryl

i'm looking forward to installing your CAI on my car, it's shipped and i should have it on monday :)

What are your thoughts on a group buy for one of your downpipes?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys,

Darryl

i'm looking forward to installing your CAI on my car, it's shipped and i should have it on monday :)

What are your thoughts on a group buy for one of your downpipes?

We are always open to Group Buys.

Darryl

·
Registered
752 Posts
I received my Cold Air Intake without any issues. I am very happy with it. The Ultimate-Racing CAI is a great mod and i would highly recommend it to anyone. You will notice a sound from the turbo as it spools and you will also be able to hear your BOV. Thank you Ultimate-Racing!!!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I put my CAI on. It was a b**ch. Getting the silicone hose on the stock turbo inlet tube was very very difficult, it was just a little bit too small. It took a lot of muscle and finesse to get it on. But it sounds awesome. You can really hear the turbo spool up, you can even hear the stock BOV.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Have either of tuned your car post CAI?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts