Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what is involved in swapping out the stock WRX Hatch spoiler with the STI version. Has anyone done this themselves? Is drilling involved?

I appreciate any help and apologize if this has been asked before.

*UPDATE*

I ordered the spoiler from SGP and has been painted/installed. I took pics of the swap and will have a DIY for you sometime tomorrow!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Re: Spoiler Info Needed

I believe it is a direct bolt on. No drilling required. Pics if you do it? :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

For those that are interested-

I visited the Subaru dealer and had them print out exploded views of both the WRX and STI spoiler assemblies. They look to be identical except for something with the window sprayer connection. I have the spoiler on order, and as soon as it's painted I will take pics of the install... it looks to be a straight swap though.

If anyone has done this already feel free to chime in! ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The 3 dealerships I tried said they were only available "unpainted". I have been trying to get them to order me one painted for about 4 months now with no luck.

subarugenuineparts seems to have the best deal on unpainted spoilers that I have found. That's where I ordered mine. I found a local shop that is going to paint mine for $150. Other places quoted me closer to $200 so your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
216 Posts

SGP.com had the best deal including shipping? I noticed they charge for a large box shipping. How much did the dealer quote you?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Ground shipping from SGP was about $16. For a total of about $285.

The dealers regular price is about $360. I was able to get one of them down to $300 + tax + shipping.

So yes, SGP had the best deal before and after shipping. *shrug*

·
Registered
230 Posts

I am thinking of doing the same thing. Has anyone here done this themselves? And what all is involved? Any surprises? Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts

You can now get this part for a little over 100$ + shpping on SGP, you also need to buy a new badge but thats like 30$.

Wish the made one for the sedan, its the last piece of chrome left on my car and I want it gone!

·
Registered
230 Posts

You can now get this part for a little over 100$ + shpping on SGP, you also need to buy a new badge but thats like 30$.

Wish the made one for the sedan, its the last piece of chrome left on my car and I want it gone!
We were talking about the STI spoiler/wing on this thread. Think you are talking about the chrome delete.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bump for update ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
bump for update ;)
Werent we waiting on you for an update? Or was it someone else? You had mentioned that you had one on order and there was a small part having to do with the sprayer that was different...

Any word?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sprayer is fine. The diagram the dealer printed out made it seem like the hose routing was different, but it is all exactly the same. The spoilers are a direct swap! ;D

DIY will be up as soon as I host the pics!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts