Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to do a track day on the Oct 21st and I want to upgrade pads and fluid. What is the easiest way to swap out the fluid without letting the master cylinder drain out completly. What pads are recommended for track/street use if not worse case I will just put stock pads back in after track day. What is a good place to look at this stuff. Doesn't seem to be much brake wise for 08's.

Alain

·
Registered
298 Posts
as far as the fluid goes, you can get a little hand pump and suck all the fluid out of the resevoir then fill it with new stuff and when you bleed your brakes just let extra fluid come out.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Super blue is nice for the fluid. I replace from the bleeder and bleed/ fill as I go.
As for brake pads, there are many out there. HAWK, AEM, Project Mu etc etc I personally run Metal Masters

·
Registered
66 Posts
Keep in mind, the 08's have differnt pads/rotors than the 06/07s.
Most all car places don't stock 08 stuff yet.
05 wrx front pads will fit 08's.
and i THINK the 3.0 legacy rear pads are the same as the 08 wrxs...

·
Registered
954 Posts
Keep in mind, the 08's have differnt pads/rotors than the 06/07s.
Most all car places don't stock 08 stuff yet.
05 wrx front pads will fit 08's.
and i THINK the 3.0 legacy rear pads are the same as the 08 wrxs...
i though there was a whole post stating that the 08 front rotors are the same as 02-07 front front rotors?? and the first and best upgrade (in my opinion) that you should do to your brakes is ss brake lines. cheap and effective mod ;D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts