Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in getting a group order together for an uppipe? Let me know by posting. Hopefully we can get something big together.

·
Registered
752 Posts
+1

i was going to get one soon anyways and a possible discount is always nice.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to say, I think that I will hold on the uppipe cause they are not catted and they are a bitch to get installed, not only that if you have someone do it then it is very expensive. I thought that they still had them catted, that is why I was interested. Sorry. Give it a few months then I will be ready.

·
Registered
752 Posts
i see. i'm not too worried about the install. my friends and i do allot of things that are a pain in the ass to install. nothing a few beers cant fix.
i will have to look into catted vs. non-catted UP's

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Subaru used to put cats in their uppipes, they stopped after 2004 cause the cat can break apart and go into the turbo and cause a whole hell of a lot of problems. So, I don't even think that you can find a catted uppipe. But, even if you could I would strongly recommend not going with it. Plus it slow the spool up of the turbo.

·
Registered
752 Posts
so the stock one doesn't have a cat? that's what i figured.

i was confused by the way you worded it.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, yeah the stock one does not have a cat. Subaru used to have cats in them, but they stopped that in 2004. So, the stock uppipe should be fine for now.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Uppipes are one of the last things that need replacement now, it nets some HP but can get more bang for your buck else where.
For performance i already have a CBE, Boost controller, and CAI. My stock BOV was leaking so i put on a Greddy RS to hold the boost better. My next performance mods will probably be a Downpipe, Uppipe, and Cobb AP.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Uppipe is not a necessity until you upgrade the turbo.
right, but i dont think it would hurt to get one. I plan on getting a big turbo as soon as a kit is released. Like the one on Perrins 08.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
752 Posts
do you know if they have a project car?
i would be interested in an AMS kit also. idk what they have planned though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts