Subaru WRX Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Re: Urgetnt: 2010 users don't load Accessports up!

wow...
sticky maybe?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Re: Urgetnt: 2010 users don't load Accessports up!

Wow. Funny that there are small differences between otherwise identical cars. I wonder if it was intentional on Subaru's part?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Urgent!: 2010 users don't load Accessports up!

Each year, Subaru updates the programming a bit to try to lock out modifications to the maps.
It's why every year, there are updates to COBB software. The 2010 was a bit more complex hence the need for a separate map download.

Also for those of you who haven't compared the v104 maps yet, COBB regresses their tuning approaches back to v101 with some minor changes. Should really be more like v101b or something.

The S# throttle map is also back to stock albeit with higher top end, peak req tq values for easier driveability. They are now progressively sensitive based on RPM. The higher the RPM, the more minute changes you can make.

LWG maps are also available now for catless dp users. Improves on minimizing boost flutter and search but also sacrifices boost responsiveness. Power is more linear and smooth though. keep standard map if you keep your rpms high when boosting as a habit as you will get better response.

WG mapping is different dependent on octane ratings. 93 octane actually has the best WG map as it takes into account the mechanical reactions of the turbocharger on boost build and increases responsiveness throughout the rev band dependent on RPMs while the 91 maps do not.

91 maps are much less boost responsive in comparison to the v102 and the v104 93oct due to the combination of the regressed boost tables and the WG mapping.

Just some basic notes

·
Registered
5,664 Posts

lol they have to send there ECU and AP to cobb for repair, I say F that, you send a cobb guy to me and fix my shit. thank god i have an 08

·
Registered
1,582 Posts

so your only option is sending both your AP and ECU to cobb for repair? thats a pretty epic fail

im glad this didnt happen to me. i definitely wouldn't be buying any more cobb parts.

·
Registered
198 Posts

wow what a bummer... now there will be a bunch of people hating on cobb

·
Registered
118 Posts

I think the subject line should make it clear that this is for STI users and not all WRXs.

·
Registered
483 Posts

yeah this is only for STI's. not plain wrx's. at least thats the impression im under.

·
Registered
73 Posts

This is why cobb is so fail and people should move to opensource tuning instead of staged performance which is fail..

·
Registered
33 Posts

Any over the counter map is garbage, It's way too general so that all cars will "benefit" from it. Every car is different, buying an accessport is a waste of large amounts of money. Spend half that, get a real tune, which is for your specific car, in your specific area, and your car will run like a champ =)

·
Registered
2,552 Posts

Has this been addressed yet? If so, maybe it should be de-stickied...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts

Yeah I was gonna say... my 2010 wrx is just fine. Maybe edit the title it made me shit my pants.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.