Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of a 08 STI which I also had the opportunity to drive! :eek:

The car definitely looks more awesome in real life than even official and unofficial photos seem to do it justice.
I have personally owned in order a 2.2L,98RS,02 wrx,04STi,06STi and now a engine swapped '01RS

The interior of the new car is definitely nice and pleasing to the eye with a nice combination of grey and titanium colored trims.
The new seats are softer and yet still supportive, although having also sat in the pax seat and the rear while been driven I think they could have made the rear seat more of a dip than flat,as when your driver enjoys cornering and trust me it corners very very well you have basically only the grab handles to stop you from sliding around!.

Once sat in the drivers seat my only gripe was the position of the ebrake been closer to your thigh/edge of the drivers seat and made me feel like i needed a slightly shorter right arm to be able to grab it properly (i'm sure living with the car it would be something i'd get used to) but is definitely noticeable coming from owning previous imprezas.

As for driving the car (in traffic on a 2 lane hgwy) it definitely puts the power/performance down even better than the previous generation STi's, and again it has that inherent feel of please please plant the right foot in every gear and through the whole rpm range ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sweet, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
954 Posts
that thing is awesome. il definately be trading in my 08 impeza in a year or two for one of them ;D

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I saw one the other day at a local dealer, they had 3. WOW.... ;D What an awesome car, but way too much money. For 11k over what I paid for my WRX I can make this car kick an STI's ass. But, I don't have that nifty 6speed.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yah its gonna take a lot for me not to trade in my 05 for one of them......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts