Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just swapped out the cruise switch on my 08 WRX for a cruise + steering wheel audio version from the premium. The cruise and audio controls work perfectly, but now two lights on my dashboard have turned on.. one the "Vehicle Dynamics Control warning light" (not the one that lights up when you turn off traction control manually) and the other is the "Hill start assist warning light." This mod required removing the airbag and steering wheel to swap out the control pods. In another thread someone said you can break the VDC sensor by doing this, but I don't believe that.. I was extremely careful, and there's no way something broke. Would the vdc system need a reset perhaps?

I posted this in the old thread in the ICE forum but wanted to post here in the trouble-shooting forum as well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ECU reset did not fix the problem. On Nasioc I was given instructions on checking the trouble codes through the odometer display and got this response:

C0071 is steering angle sensor

C0042 is Power Supply Voltage Failure for the VDC module.

Did you disconnect the batter while you swapped out the steering wheel?

You can try reseting the codes by disconnecting the battery, if the code 71 comes back you are going to have to take it to the dealer they can try re-calibrating the sensor.
So, is that it? I'm stuck going to the dealership?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts