Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am thinking about doing a turbo upgrade and i just don't know exactly what i want yet. If i do one of the VF turbos i can prob do it this year and not have to worry about much as far as killing engine life. There again i have always wanted to toss a GT35R on my subbie but it will know the life down not to mention 4 times as much cost wise with new pump injectors front mount and the like. What do you all think about an upgrade, VF series now or GT35 in 5 or so years or both :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm in the process of doing the VF40.......just a mild upgrade of course but still better than the TD04.

Scooter11 has already done the VF40 I believe. PM him and ask how he likes it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe if you're going to run a GT35R you'll need a rotated setup...which is ridiculously expensive and won't be as streetable.

The vf39 is always a good choice.

I personally would swap in the vf48 from the sti, as it should bolt right in and you won't need an injector upgrade from what i understand. Maybe an STI topmount but thats it. And of course a tune.

I personally think the td04 is great for a street car. It spools very quickly and makes lots of usable low end power. GT35Rs are wild rides, but getting them to spool anytime before 4k can be a challenge. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts