Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whattup!

I am from Cali and I just put a deposit down for a 09 WRX (trading in an 04 RS). I ordered a black premium (mainly for the sunroof) 09, short throw shifter, ipod, sub, shock sensor, sport grill, and side moldings (door dings are my pet peeve). $27.8K before the dayamn gov fees. I would like to guage if that is around the price everyone is getting for the 09's.

I might drop the sport grille and just paint the 09 grill matching flat black. Thoughts?

Also, does anyone know if the 3G's have UV protection in the windows? That will help me decide on tine in the front.

And what's up with push button start in Canada and side markers in Australia!? Am I mistaken or are these standard there?! Lucky...

I must say so far mad props to this forum/website/members!!!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
welcome! Congrats on your purchase!
Sidemarkers have been availble/standard on all cars in other parts of the world for quite some time now. Side moldings are good to a point. I have seen 08's with door dings a few inches down from the window and even some on the gas cap! Side moldings help w/ front doors of sedans, minivans, and coupe doors. SUVs..... well, good luck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a sedan guy...I contemplated the hatch for utility but ultimately the sedan is my taste. I cannot wait...I'm crossing my fingers that nothing goes wrong but it's gonna be at least another 4 weeks (it sounds liek I have to wait for the next boat shipment). Apparently not many dealerships ordered a black premium 4 door let alone with my options.

Anyways, thanks all! Looking forward to it. I wll post pix when it arrives!

·
Registered
74 Posts
So are you ordering the car? It sounds like you have just about every option on there.

The new 09 wrx grille looks 100x better then the 08 and the girly sport grill.

How long did they say it would take?

I'm also from CA and I searched the Subaru website and found my black 09 sedan w/ short shift in the LA area (800 mile round trip). Bought it for $25,200. I know last week when I searched there was one or two black premium sedans in so cal.

It you can live w/o some of thoes specific options you could be driving your new 09 today and probably save $$$

The day after I bought it I got the windows tinted. 5% on the back window and 30% on the sides. Looks perfect.

Search my username for pic threads.

Good luck and dont get bent over at the dealer :D

·
Registered
537 Posts
The new 09 wrx grille looks 100x better then the 08 and the girly sport grill.
Girly Sport grill??
The sport grill still looks better then the STI and 09 WRX grill. The new one just looks like you removed two of the peaces and you have a sport grill underneath.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did have to order the car and all my options (besides the premium) will be a port install. RATROKT - I did see your pix on another site, looks good! Made me more anxious to get mines. And it sounds like you got a great deal!

I am still up in the air about the grill. I think the sport grill will look pretty good on OBP paint though.

I want all the options becuase it is a car i plan to have for a long time, so no holding back. Last time I held back I got an RS instead of a WRX (still a great car though!).

·
Registered
74 Posts
You got the car every guy here wants, you should represent for the 09's and keep your stock grill. 8)

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Haha you 09'ers have been here 5 minutes and you're already causing problems :p

Post some pics once you get her

·
Registered
493 Posts
Haha you 09'ers have been here 5 minutes and you're already causing problems :p

Post some pics once you get her
here come all the 09'ers!!! Don't be too happy, yes your getting a sweet car with a sti grill and a wrx badge in place of the sti spot on the grill. Yes you have 20 more hp but, we can all achevie that by using a access port from cobb. My bone stock with spt xhaust is pushin 254hp already with a simple tweak with cobb access port, there is so much hidden horsepower in these things it's unreal. I bought the 08 just so i didnt have to pay 30+ for a 09. I payed 23 out the door for my 08 premium pkg nav/ground effects with all the goodies sti short throw and no overhead. Oh ya it had 1050 miles on it :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good one MicMcKee! why are people so heated? 09'ers ain't causing problems, we're all 3G anyway! Hahaha. This is kinda funny.

By the way, I will be happy no matter what. And I won't hate on anyone else whether you have 08, 09, 04...but I will hate if you have a Yugo.

·
Registered
230 Posts

Sport grill looks good on OPB in my opinion.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dood, Viggen, thanks for the pic. I've been trying to find a pic of OBP with saide moldings too. I was on the fence about them but after seeing you pic i'm good!

thx for yer opinion BTW, i think i'm stickin' with the sport grill and i'm gonna look for a bigger subaru symbol. i'm going to find out if i get to keep my original grill. Did the factory/dealer give you yours or did you do a self install?

·
Registered
74 Posts
^ That's exactly what I was going to suggest. I believe the small size of the emblem is the reason why I dont like the sport grill. Larger is definetly better.

I also think a satin black stock grill look's like a nice alternitive

I dont know why there is so much hate and anger reguarding these new Subarus. First it was the 2nd gens hatin on the 3rd gens and now it seems like 08's vs 09's.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Mine came with the Sports grill so in a way it was the original one. If you have it port installed, I would doubt the other one would go with the car, one could ask though. The larger emblem does look a bit better too.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts