Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this done a little while ago and just wanted to share with all of you!!

As of right now Im just putting down 312 WHP because of a software lock on the 08's. We just got the new software from Cobb and will re-tune next week some time to take full advantage of all the new part on the car.

So far this is my mod list:
-Invidia catted downpipe
-Invidia Q300 Cat-Back
-STi short shifter
-STi Pink spings
-18" 5zigen sports engine SC3000

This is where my wallet got hit hard!!

-whiteline front and rear sways
-Perrin stealth FMIC
-750CC top feed injectors
-Custom CAI (made by HB Speed)
-Malboro fuel pump
-ATP 3071R Turbo
-APS 3" turbo inlet
-Hawk HPS Pads
-technafit brake lines
-Hella horns

Ill keep you updated on the outcome of the final tune and the numbers it puts down...hope you all had a good Thanksgiving!!

**UPDATE**

here are the final charts:

The first car is my car after my first tune (turboback exhaust) its crazy to see the difference!!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Re: Wallet took a huge hit but I couldnt be happier!!

That Perrin stealth FMIC is pure SEX!!! I am jealous :'(

I am surprised that you only went with the 750CC injectors. You should go to around 1000CC and go E85. You could crank out a sh*t ton more power that way............well at least 30-50WHP more!!

I am super curious to see what numbers you put down once you get it re-tuned!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

love your car! you need an NA hood to make that one crazy ass sleeper. ;)
Thanks!! ive been working on getting a new hood, Ive been so busy with work I havent had a chance to really search for one. Someday!!

That Perrin stealth FMIC is pure SEX!!! I am jealous :'(

I am surprised that you only went with the 750CC injectors. You should go to around 1000CC and go E85. You could crank out a sh*t ton more power that way............well at least 30-50WHP more!!

I am super curious to see what numbers you put down once you get it re-tuned!
I love my FMIC, you cant even tell its there!! As for the injectors, I was between these for awhile but decided on the 750's just because I wasnt sure how much power i wanted in a daily driver. I might upgrade later but for now, i know it wont last long, I should be happy with the power it puts out.
I will post the dyno sheet as soon as I get it done.

·
Registered
209 Posts

All of that look awesome! I'm gonna have to add to my wishlist now. Did you have to ditch your fogs?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

All of that look awesome! I'm gonna have to add to my wishlist now. Did you have to ditch your fogs?
I never had fogs...I got the base model. But as far as I know they will still fit. I just asked my tuner to order some and he didnt say anything about it not fitting.

·
Registered
717 Posts

very nice work!
how do you like the q300 exhaust? you are the only one i know of who has one so far...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

very nice work!
how do you like the q300 exhaust? you are the only one i know of who has one so far...
I like it. It keeps it super stealthy. Once I put all this power in it it got a little louder but its like a perfect kind of loud, I never get any attention from cops which is good!! I havent seen anyone else with it either. I had it put on like the day after I got my car like 6 months ago as a proto type for testing and then they just let me keep it. Have had it on ever since with no problems at all.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Pics of the exhaust? I have an N1 on mine, just want to see how yours look. Did you lose your front beam for the FMIC?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Pics of the exhaust? I have an N1 on mine, just want to see how yours look. Did you lose your front beam for the FMIC?
Ill get pics up later after I get off work. as for the beam we had to make a new one to make it fit so ya there is one there but its not the stock beam

·
Registered
752 Posts

wow, everything looks nice under the hood. I may have to paint my IC black. lol.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Ill get pics up later after I get off work. as for the beam we had to make a new one to make it fit so ya there is one there but its not the stock beam
A modded stock one or custom? You think there is anyway to mod the stock beam to fit?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Here is one pic i found on my computer of the exhaust like the day it got put on. I take more tomorrow when the sun is out so u can see what it looks like on the car. Im not sure if it was custom or if it was a modded stock one but i will call my tuner tomorrow and find out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Here u go with some more pics of the exhaust. And I talked to my tuner and he said that perrin sends a beam when you buy the front mount. He said there would be no point to mod your stock one because of this. I hope that answered you question. Let me know if you need more info...

Its all black just because Its running sooooo rich until the re-tune. We wanted to play it safe cause the stock software maxed out at 300 and im at 312. So we wanted to keep a lot of fuel running in so it didnt go lean if i got on it.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts

How did you fix the software issue?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

We just got some update from COBB. It got sent through the AP unit to the ECU some how. i will get it re-tuned on thursday. Ill let you guys know how it plays out and what the final #'s are

·
Registered
122 Posts

Nice setup man! I love seeing modded 3g rexs. I'm hoping for some sway bars for christmas. Later on I want to get an exhaust but, I can decided on which one, either the q300, magnaflow, TurboXS, or Perrin.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts