Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
It looks like the same one to me... Here is a pic of the arm rest in my car... I have the extended arm rest. Looks pretty close
Here is a pic Extended

Here is a pic not extended

Here is the one on Subies Web site

It looks like it is the Extended Arm Rest... I am not sure if it is the one you are looking for, but I hope it helps...

·
Registered
282 Posts
All these pictures look pre-08 to me. I have the 08 with extension and it's slightly different. I also had in pre-08 which looks like those pictures. You actually got two storage areas. On the 08 it only raises the rest pad higher, no increase in storage capacity. I'll try to take some pictures soon.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
All these pictures look pre-08 to me. I have the 08 with extension and it's slightly different. I also had in pre-08 which looks like those pictures. You actually got two storage areas. On the 08 it only raises the rest pad higher, no increase in storage capacity. I'll try to take some pictures soon.
I took the larger photos last night... the smaller one is off of the Subie Genuine Website... The larger photos were taken in my 08 sedan.

That is true, the extended arm rest will not increase storage capacity, but I don't think that was the question... I missed part of it too There is no real padding on it... I found that the extended lid does bring the arm rest to a more comfortable driving position...
my .02

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yep, the smaller one is definitly pre-08 and has the two compartment style. I guess what threw me off on your pictures was the interior color as it's not the same as my STi. Also, what are the two switches on the arm rest for? Heated seats? The console is quite different altogether from mine as there's a sliding cover over the two cup holder to the right of the e-brake handle and it goes all the way back to the start of the storage compartment.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Here's some pretty crappy camera phone pics of mine. They're not very good, but you can see the differences I was referring to regarding the console.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
And I have to eat my words on saying the small pic was definitly pre-08, it looks a darn lot like my pictures!! :)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Yep, the smaller one is definitly pre-08 and has the two compartment style. I guess what threw me off on your pictures was the interior color as it's not the same as my STi. Also, what are the two switches on the arm rest for? Heated seats? The console is quite different altogether from mine as there's a sliding cover over the two cup holder to the right of the e-brake handle and it goes all the way back to the start of the storage compartment.
I am not sure if the little pic is pre 08 WRX, I did not take that pic... for all I know it may be a pic of a Legacy console. There are alot of parts are interchangable between the WRX & the Legacy. Subie would not necessarly change a picture to show the same part, the extended arm rest ;)... Just a thought...

The two switches are for heated seats... Where I live they are not really necassary, they just happened to be on the Premium package that I purchased

I do like the cup holder cover that is pretty sweet ;D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the responses, been to busy at work for the past day or so to check in. Now I understand about the console differences, same lid likely fits a whole bunch of cars, cool.

BUT

They go through the effort to replace the lid with something else that is intended to be an arm rest and it is hard plastic like the lid that comes stock???? There is no padding whatsoever to it?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
0000018568 said:
I went to the dealership today for some stuff, and I looked at a new STi while I was there. That console is, in fact, from an 08 STi. It looks like you might be able to swap it in to the non-sti models, though you'll end up having to fill up the square gap where that little knob dealie is on the STi's in front of the cup holders. Shouldn't be too difficult.
That little square gap has all sorts of possibilities...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
They go through the effort to replace the lid with something else that is intended to be an arm rest and it is hard plastic like the lid that comes stock???? There is no padding whatsoever to it?
Nope

Moist towelettes
0000018774 said:
pop-tart dispenser
That is thinkin. Moist towelettes & Pop-tarts That is funny stuff right there...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts